testtest

Squatters are OUT in Florida

I have lots of family in Florida. It's starting to look pretty good to me.
Me too. I'm not wild about their occasional hurricanes, though, and various invasive species.

Maybe someone can explain to me why you're encouraged to CATCH pythons in a pillowcase and turn them in to the state, but you're not supposed to just shoot them in the head with a .22, which would seem to be SO much simpler. :confused:

Last edited:
Me too. I'm not wild about their occasional hurricanes, though, and various invasive species.

Maybe someone can explain to me why you're encouraged to CATCH pythons in a pillowcase :confused: and turn them in to the state, but you're not supposed to just shoot them in the head with a .22, which would seem to be SO much simpler.
Hurricanes, well like blizzard, ice storm, earthquake, tornado, everyone has their cross to bear. Alligators in the swimming pool, "look before you leap". Hattian cannibals on the way, eh. BUT Pythons:unsure: PYTHONS, I DON'T BLOODY THINK SO! Catch it in a pillowcaseo_O have you lost what little sense god gave you? Shoot it with a 22:rolleyes: How about a 12G and #5 lead. Two or three times in case he's playing possum and then I'm not messing with the remains. For the record I don't care what eats it and dies of lead poisoning. ;)

BUT Pythons:unsure: PYTHONS, I DON'T BLOODY THINK SO! Catch it in a pillowcaseo_O have you lost what little sense god gave you? Shoot it with a 22:rolleyes: How about a 12G and #5 lead. Two or three times in case he's playing possum and then I'm not messing with the remains. For the record I don't care what eats it and dies of lead poisoning. ;)
All I know is what I see on History Channel shows, and that's how they do it. No they're not using literal pillowcases, whatever kinda bags they are, they're much bigger, but they look like pillowcases. As for .22s, if a .22 head shot will kill an alligator (as shown thousands of times on Swamp People), you'd think it would do the job on a python.

Maybe someone can explain to me why you're encouraged to CATCH pythons in a pillowcase and turn them in to the state, but you're not supposed to just shoot them in the head with a .22, which would seem to be SO much simpler. :confused:
I believe there's no rule you have to submit them to the state ... the only rule is that they must be dispatched humanely. Certain parts may be required to be submitted for study, but not the whole snake. And the sacks (pillow case) is simply the easiest way to confine them and transport them. As I understand it, they cannot be killed and just left in the woods.

Hurricanes, well like blizzard, ice storm, earthquake, tornado, everyone has their cross to bear. Alligators in the swimming pool, "look before you leap". Hattian cannibals on the way, eh. BUT Pythons:unsure: PYTHONS, I DON'T BLOODY THINK SO! Catch it in a pillowcaseo_O have you lost what little sense god gave you? Shoot it with a 22:rolleyes: How about a 12G and #5 lead. Two or three times in case he's playing possum and then I'm not messing with the remains. For the record I don't care what eats it and dies of lead poisoning. ;)
A single .22 to the brain will do it, so will a sharp pointed knife. The hide is pretty tough and usually requires a processor to use a single edge or straight razor to skin them.

All I know is what I see on History Channel shows, and that's how they do it. No they're not using literal pillowcases, whatever kinda bags they are, they're much bigger, but they look like pillowcases. As for .22s, if a .22 head shot will kill an alligator (as shown thousands of times on Swamp People), you'd think it would do the job on a python.
The sacks are typically grain sacks. They're not specially made as far as I know. And yes, a .22 through the brain will take care of business.

Only licensed/contract hunters, FWC, and a few other classifications can legally transport them alive and are required to turn them in. The rest are treated as invasive, non native species and must be dispatched humanely on site. A gun shot through the brain, a complete decapitation (but the snake must be unconscious at the time), or a complete pithing of the snake are the three allowable means of killing them.

NOPE. Not going around poking alligators with a 22 either. Or lions, tigers and bears. :ROFLMAO:
As for the "History" channel, I gave that up long time ago when they went to UFO's, buy sell fix junk, and scripted "reality" TV all the time every time. ;)

Florida regulations require that a captured python must be humanely killed on site, cannot be released or transported live. They are wiping out native species.
Okay, as I understand it, Florida pays a bounty for each python turned in live (based on size and sex), and then they (the state) "humanely" kills them on the spot. What I don't understand is why you can't turn in a DEAD python. Seems to me that if the state wants them wiped out (which, as I understand it, is the goal), it would be fine to kill them on sight by any humane means necessary.

Okay, as I understand it, Florida pays a bounty for each python turned in live (based on size and sex), and then they (the state) "humanely" kills them on the spot. What I don't understand is why you can't turn in a DEAD python. Seems to me that if the state wants them wiped out (which, as I understand it, is the goal), it would be fine to kill them on sight by any humane means necessary.
There is no bounty, but there are competitive events that have prize money. Only professional hunters contracted by the state are paid a fee by the state.

Here are the regulations from FWC

Back