testtest

Staying Safe Around Mountain Lions & What To Do if You Encounter One

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
Mountain lion attacks are relatively rare. Like most wild animals (including bears), the American lion is elusive; it prefers to avoid human contact. But the American wilderness is home to tens of thousands of mountain lions across the west coast and Midwest. Unconfirmed sightings have been reported as far east as New York, and the wilderness throughout the contiguous United States qualifies as suitable cougar habitat.

Note: A few years ago a male Mountain lion (aka "Cats in MT) that was satellite-collared in the Black Hills of South Dakota, and later was killed by a car in Connecticut. It had traveled east through the upper Midwest and ended up in New England.

1704255596863.png

1704255640126.png

Last edited:
Nature taking back areas that at one time belonged to it.

As humans, “evolved animals” we are so arrogant that we own this planet and continue despite laws to cause the extinction of wildlife that has been on this earth long before humans discovered fire.

Here kitty kitty kitty.
**** Sapiens are not an invasive species. We are also part of nature. The more urban we become the less negative interaction with wildlife, the less wildlife instinctively fears man.
Here kitty kitty kitty...........BANG!

Considering the over-population of WT deer back east the western states should give some cats to reintroduce/repopulate the eastern states.

IMO, Kirk is a much better guitarist with much faster fingers, and never wanted to be the front man like Mustaine wanted to be, so it was more of a conflict with James H.

Megadeath albums are much different than Metallica's. DM's work is more melodic technique wise.

Metallica would have never been Metallica without Kirk, and Megadeath without Dave. Egos often don't mesh well in Rock bands, as history is written.

My .02

Maybe so, but you can't argue the timing of the band's popularity with booting Dave. Heck, they didn't even credit him with Kill em All even though he's playing most of the tracks (maybe all?)

FWIW, I hear of cougar sightings pretty regularly in southern WI.
We have cougar sightings pretty regularly here as well, but they tend to more frequent at Happy Hour on Thursday and Friday nights.

Considering the over-population of WT deer back east the western states should give some cats to reintroduce/repopulate the eastern states.

IMO, Kirk is a much better guitarist with much faster fingers, and never wanted to be the front man like Mustaine wanted to be, so it was more of a conflict with James H.

Megadeath albums are much different than Metallica's. DM's work is more melodic technique wise.

Metallica would have never been Metallica without Kirk, and Megadeath without Dave. Egos often don't mesh well in Rock bands, as history is written.

My .02
I don’t think Kirk is all that good. He’s fast, but in the late 80s ALL of us were fast.

**** Sapiens are not an invasive species. We are also part of nature. The more urban we become the less negative interaction with wildlife, the less wildlife instinctively fears man.
Here kitty kitty kitty...........BANG!
You obviously missed my point.
No problem.
You did prove my point on arrogance though so thank you.
Go ahead and shoot and kill a federally protected species and pay fines in the thousands and time in jail……
I can hear your cell mate now…….

Here inmate, inmate, inmate…..

It's called humor, if you don't get it "no problem".
Genesis 1:26-28
King James Version
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

If that's "arrogance" well I guess guilty as charged. Yup I put my value and the value of my family over animals every day of the week and twice on Sunday;). That does NOT mean we shouldn't be good stewards of what we have dominion over.

Back