testtest

Summer EDC - Tell me what gun I'm describing.

Having carried an LCP for 10 years, it is most definitely not a fun gun to shoot. That isn't its purpose however. It's purpose is concealment in the smallest possible package, either as a backup, or EDC when you just simply can't carry anything else.

The best thing to do with an LCP is practice to the point of proficiency, and realize that its a close defense weapon. In other words, don't bother training with it at 25 yards or something crazy. I do most of my LCP range time at 10 yards and less, although I can and have hit paper targets at 25 yards with it. I've got one with the Lasermax laser on it from the factory, which helps a good bit in target acquisition. The sights on the LCP II are a bit better, but not enough so to warrant an upgrade in my books. I carry using either a Desantis SuperFly or Nemesis holster. I used the SuperFly for most of the last decade, but wore off the grippy material, and ordered a Nemesis to replace it.
I don't think that the sights on the LCP should even be used. Practice without using them. It's a very close range weapon, not much more than a knife.

I practice with it at just beyond arm's reach.

Since this is a Springfield forum, I'd like to recommend the Springfield 911 in .380 ACP. The 911 is close enough in size to the LCP that it fits many of the same holsters. It has a manual safety and much better sights than the LCP or LCP II. It weighs more than the LCP due to the metal frame, but the the gun is so small that the total weight isn't really a major factor. Anyone familiar with the 1911's manual of arms will be familiar with the 911's.

Others have recommended the Sig Sauer P238. The 911 is almost identical to the P238, but usually costs at least hundred dollars less. It can share magazines with the P238, but the Springfield mags cost about $20 less than the Sig mags. After a brief break-in period, my 911 has been completely reliable. The only real problem is finding one in today's market.

When shopping for pants, I keep looking until I find what I want with big pockets. I can pocket carry one of my EDC's, including my red dot equipped Hellcat with pocket holster, in most of them. The ones I can't (some suits), the M&P Bodyguard 380 in a pocket holster is easily accommodated. I have several holsters for all my carry methods for each of my EDC's.

Last edited:
Back