testtest

Susan B Anthony coin

javbike

Professional
We have any coin collectors out there are they worth anything I have a bunch of the gold she looks different then the regular ones more Native American 2000 p thanks any infro appreciated

The Sacagawea dollar…got a bunch of them in change a while back when I bought stamps at the post office vending machine, I put in a double sawbuck thinking I’d get paper bills back.

4 Sacagawea’s, 3 quarters and a dime will get you a gallon of refined regular gasoline in my town.

Since they were a limited run and surely vanity, in 100 yrs they’ll probably be worth about $1.15…mostly from the scant copper content.

All I know about coins is 90% silver coin is sought after by people who buy silver as an investment and they usually buy face value. I'm not exactly sure when but 90% silver coin production stopped around 1965.
Last year for 90% silver was 1964 with maybe a few late year runs for 1965. Half dollars were still 40% silver from then on till 1970. In my humble opinion, silver bullion in rounds and/or bars is a better investment than coins. Coins values are based on the collector's market, bullion is always based on the rarity of the base metal.

I have a pile of silver coins, proof sets, etc. My mom started collecting them for me when I was a little kid. When my brother died I got his collection too. Hard to say what they're all worth, but in total it's several thousand at least.

I have a pile of silver coins, proof sets, etc. My mom started collecting them for me when I was a little kid. When my brother died I got his collection too. Hard to say what they're all worth, but in total it's several thousand at least.
bob, that's good stuff. You'll want to hang on to the 'proof' sets and any 'mint' sets you might have, they have a completely separate valuation than the pocket change folks buy up for the silver content value. Even some 'uncirculated' sets, but not to the extreme of 'mint' and 'proof' sets. It's a very, very rare coin indeed that has a collector value higher than the precious metal content's value today. In our lifetimes the silver value will always be more than face value of coins, and will increase with time.

The one and only thing to possibly ever change that is when/if science learns how to manufacture silver bullion.

Back