testtest

Swiss Army Knife Goes Blade-Less as Weapon Rules Tighten

Idk about pointless...I used them in my tackle boxes for over 40 years and remember few days on the water when it didn't come in handy for something or other. Still have 2 Victorinox (spelling?) in the house that I use regularly. For self defense? Yes, pointless. Enjoyed the pun.

I got mine at the top of the Alps on a road between Switzerland and Italy. It was a strange little stone place that looked like a castle turret and had a cafe in it. The mountain pass had only just opened up after the winter and the top was a massive glacier with a lake in the middle of it that was blue like a swimming pool. It was like the lair of a Bond villain. Best cup of tea and toasted ham and cheese sandwich I ever had.

I've been carrying a Victorinox Swiss Army SD in my pocket every day for at least 30 years. I've lost (and re-found) dozens of them through the years, but I always keep half a dozen new ones on hand. I typically have a different type knife in another pocket or in a sheath on my belt, but the SD is always in my pocket with my keys. I've done everything from cutting wire to mend a electrical junction box to minor surgery with one of these. Tightened up car batter leads to removing splinters from my grandson's finger with the tweezers. On the rare occasion when I ruined one, I just chunked it and got another out of the drawer.

SD.jpg

I've been carrying a Victorinox Swiss Army SD in my pocket every day for at least 30 years. I've lost (and re-found) dozens of them through the years, but I always keep half a dozen new ones on hand. I typically have a different type knife in another pocket or in a sheath on my belt, but the SD is always in my pocket with my keys. I've done everything from cutting wire to mend a electrical junction box to minor surgery with one of these. Tightened up car batter leads to removing splinters from my grandson's finger with the tweezers. On the rare occasion when I ruined one, I just chunked it and got another out of the drawer.

View attachment 57310
I have several. Never carried one. Maybe when I was a kid I guess, but…

I own three SAKs
FB_IMG_1715096965354.jpg

A Climber that lives in my Gym Bag.

FB_IMG_1715097085254.jpg

A Trekker that lives in my Field Pack.
It was a gift. I don't know if I ever would have bought it but after having it for a couple years if I ever lose it I'm definitely going to replace it.

I've taken the Trekker out the mountains. I've used it for basic fieldcraft. I even sawed a 2x4 in half with it one time.

20240507_095802.jpg

This is a Victorinox Sentry. It's a Trekker without the extra blades.

I bought it because I liked the looks of it.

The Trekker and the Sentry are the only two left hand friendly liner locks I've ever owned.

Back