testtest

Take Action Alert from the Firearms Policy Coalition (FPC) HR8167

BET7

Ronin
Founding Member

I received an email from the FPC (I'm a SAF (Lifetime), and FPC member), with this link to contact my Congressional representative concerning this introduced bill to repeal Taxes on Guns and Ammo. This also includes ATF NFA Tax Stamp cost as well. If interested, please enter your information and send your urging on support of this bill to your U.S. Representative (I've sent mine, but unfortunately, she's a Democrat that supports Gun Control, so I'm not holding out hope for support). Description of bill and link to send letter below. (Sorry for the Bold text, I somehow can't seem to get it to turn off after pasting the Bold text from the copy and paste below.)

"Support repeal of national gun & ammo tax!

The "RETURN Our Constitutional Rights Act of 2022" would repeal an oppressive federal tax on guns and ammo. This hidden 11% tax, imposed on manufacturers, artificially inflates the retail price of your Second Amendment rights. Therefore, supporting this legislation would eliminate an awful, unconstitutional and immoral taxation of a fundamental right. What's more, this bill would strike down the $200 tax stamp fee on NFA items, making lawful use of suppressors, SBRs and full-autos significantly cheaper."

What does this do to the Pittman-Robertson Act and those monies going to wildlife conservation? The legislators are probably unaware that hunters and gun owners support this particular piece of legislation.

Tremendous lack of information aside from saying evil tax. Is any of the tax what pays for wildlife management and the like?
Apparently Yes. I got this link from the NSSF newsletter I receive after posting the FPC link above. Both the NSSF and NRA oppose this bill for that reason (guts Wildlife Conservation Funding). I'm not a hunter, but I do think Wildlife Conversation is important. But I also like the idea of getting rid of NFA Tax Stamp fees, etc. It would be nice if both these functions could be maintained (WCF), while somehow eliminating taxes on a constitutional right. Perhaps as this article indicates, the bill could be written better thus not impacting WC funding, while somehow looking to do something about all the taxes currently applied.

What does this do to the Pittman-Robertson Act and those monies going to wildlife conservation? The legislators are probably unaware that hunters and gun owners support this particular piece of legislation.
I wasn't. I posted a link from the NSSF newsletter where they and the NRA oppose this bill for that reason.

Apparently Yes. I got this link from the NSSF newsletter I receive after posting the FPC link above. Both the NSSF and NRA oppose this bill for that reason (guts Wildlife Conservation Funding). I'm not a hunter, but I do think Wildlife Conversation is important. But I also like the idea of getting rid of NFA Tax Stamp fees, etc. It would be nice if both these functions could be maintained (WCF), while somehow eliminating taxes on a constitutional right. Perhaps as this article indicates, the bill could be written better thus not impacting WC funding, while somehow looking to do something about all the taxes currently applied.

I can't support this.

"Pittman Robertson" was implemented all the way back in 1937. Simply put it added an 11% exise-tax to most all sporting equipment (guns and ammo primarily) to further the advances of wildlife restoration, conservation, habitat, management, hunter safety and education, etc. Limited monies for these purposes were originally doled to the states from regular federal taxes, but with the advent of this program all monies collected went directly to the Dept of Treasury for dispersement into these programs. Since inception, the act has provided several billions in worthwhile projects.

While I guess it could legitimately be considered a tax on our 2nd amendment rights, I'd rather look at it as an investment in the future of the sport I'm buying that new rifle or shotgun for. In other words the conservation of wildlife. I used to have a knowledge of the millions and millions of dollars that has been collected since the inception of the act, but I've since gotten away from teaching the Hunter Safety program and lost some contacts. But the Pittman Robertson act was one of the special extras we were able to pass on to the younger folks and the overall importance of it.

I would respectfully ask you think seriously before asking for this very worthwhile program to be negatively impacted.

Done, probably won't go far with my lib rep but you can try. Florida is getting close to Constitutional Carry. Fingers crossed, knock on wood, etc.

Back