testtest

Take me Out at the Ball Game ….

Area52

Professional
Seen this still in the news, the ongoing Chicago White Sox ball park shooting investigation.

Not being a re-loader, take a look at the picture in the story of a “recovered“ bullet someone claims to have found afterward of the incident. No fans heard gunfire, a ShotSpotter alert was detected a mile away from the ballpark, metal detectors were in use prior to entering the ball park.
Claims of injury were to the back of one person and the abdomen of another, with a third person was “barely“ grazed.
I’m leaning towards civil suit settlement rather than a gunshot or accidental injury victim.

Pending official forensic study, in the meantime what’s your take…
Is that a new bullet or does it appear to been shot out of a casing?

well, as a reloader myself with my limited experience, looks like a 9mm, new bullet...however i can buy new copper plated bullets and reload those into my reconditioned shell casings.

or, it can be a new bullet from a factory new cartridge.....so hard to pin point.

i'd be more concerned with the low attendance at the ballgame.....ain't the white sox doing well this season..??

random shootings by morons driving by the ball park, up into the air, where it lands, nobody cares.

i cannot "see" any sort of lawsuit.....who would get sued..???

if i recall, when you buy a ticket for a ball game, you are there at your own risk, usually says so on the back of the ticket.

well, as a reloader myself with my limited experience, looks like a 9mm, new bullet...however i can buy new copper plated bullets and reload those into my reconditioned shell casings.

or, it can be a new bullet from a factory new cartridge.....so hard to pin point.

i'd be more concerned with the low attendance at the ballgame.....ain't the white sox doing well this season..??

random shootings by morons driving by the ball park, up into the air, where it lands, nobody cares.

i cannot "see" any sort of lawsuit.....who would get sued..???

if i recall, when you buy a ticket for a ball game, you are there at your own risk, usually says so on the back of the ticket.
What’s really disturbing is your avatar, old_me. Wow.

This is the press release I saw regarding the incident. It reads as though two people were shot. The fact that one or more unfired projectiles were recovered on site isn't relevant to the situation discussed, nor can the fact there were unfired projectiles found prove it to be a hoax.

Given the political motivations of gun grabbers, I don't find it beyond imagination for someone to create a hoax for political advantage. My thought would be that it trying to fake a shooting in one of the places with the most draconian gun restrictions in the country likely isn't going to help their case for additional restrictions, but I really can't comprehend the logic of the Marxist left to begin with.
F4b5YeWWQAArTRs.jpeg

The bullet in the pic was no way fired from any gun....period!

View attachment 42957
That’s what I’m saying.

It doesn’t seem plausible that a fired slug has no striation markings or even a crimp mark? I wonder if this slug is now part of actual evidence recovered or some spectator picking it up for the purpose of taking a selfie.

Oh, and get this - some “teacher” spectators at the ballpark as part of a group outing… one had posted and quickly deleted some commentary about the incident. Go figure.

This incident is going to be played out or forgotten and buried depending on what narrative needs to be spread.
Unrelated, the team owners just a few days ago mentioned they’re mulling to move the team out of the city after the lease expires in six years.

The area around Sox Comisky park is not the best in the city, in fact it was much worse when the old stadium was up a bit closer to gang infested high rise projects. Shootings between rival building was common.

I‘ll recall an Indiana a kid was killed by a slug that fell from the sky few years ago:

We don't know caliber, but a 9mm bullet can travel about 6400 feet. People being hit with spent bullets from celebratory fire is common in some countries. I have seen recovered bullets that don't show much in the way of markings but who knows
Yes sir. In Mexican border towns, fatalities from celebratory gunfire are real. And yet Mexico has very strict gun control laws. (They'll arrest you in a heartbeat if they find ammunition in your vehicle.)

I have no desire to ever go back to Mexico. Living within 1/2 hour of the border is close enough..:)

Yes sir. In Mexican border towns, fatalities from celebratory gunfire are real. And yet Mexico has very strict gun control laws. (They'll arrest you in a heartbeat if they find ammunition in your vehicle.)

I have no desire to ever go back to Mexico. Living within 1/2 hour of the border is close enough..:)
Yep. I can get all the Tex-Mex and Tequila I want in San Antonio

I didn't think much of old San Antone. Tried to go into The Alamo. Had appointments and everything. Only parking we could find was $25 per car and I was surprised to learn that The Alamo is situated right in the middle of the Ghetto.

I'll take Donna or whatever the name of the Irish sounding town next to it is any day.

“Out in the West Texas town of El Paso. I fell in love with a Mexican girl. Nighttime would find me in Rosa's Cantina. Music would play and Feleena would whirl….”

From the Hannibal Lecter ‘You’re So Close to the Way You’re Going Catching Him‘ School of Criminology, this breaking news just in….

“Out in the West Texas town of El Paso. I fell in love with a Mexican girl. Nighttime would find me in Rosa's Cantina. Music would play and Feleena would whirl….”

From the Hannibal Lecter ‘You’re So Close to the Way You’re Going Catching Him‘ School of Criminology, this breaking news just in….

Subscription needed.

Back