testtest

Taking the Prodigy for a swim then the range :-)

Pro Digy II

Professional
My turn to do a range "report", I go twice a week, shoot in excess of 400 rounds a week, but this range report is a special one with a twist. Kind of a testimony to the Prodigy and Hex in terms of reliability. I'm actually still in awe with what happened.

Long story short, let's say the Prodigy with a Dragonfly attached and 3 mags found themselves 6ft under water (with me), about 30min before going to the range. This was not a test, but at extreme feat of clumsiness, kind of reverse Cirque du Soleil :(

A quick clean/dry of all components, verifying the Dragonfly was still functioning (it was actually on under water and was working, I checked!) thanks to the seal plate, and off to the range. Didn't even change the battery on the RDS. Everything worked fine, and as always, the Prodigy delivers great accuracy

115gr CCI at 25 yards:

25yrds.png

115gr CCI at 20 yards:

20yds.png

The odd ones and off target ones are one-handed support hand, that's sometimes what happens when one gets cocky and think he can rapid fire one handed...

To be honest, I've been mostly chuckling at the existence of the seal plate and only installed it for aesthetics purposes as without it there is visible air gap that looks horrible. Now I know, and the seal plate goes on by default, no questions asked.

Last edited:
And why was it, along with you, underwater?
I understand it would be the best part of the story, but I plead the 5th :D
Let's just say it's similar to the scene in "The Return Pink Panther" (the good one, with Peter Sellers) in which Clouseau "helps" Dreyfuss in the garden of the insane asylum. That's all I can say, run your imagination, then make it 5x worse and you're getting close...

I understand it would be the best part of the story, but I plead the 5th :D
Let's just say it's similar to the scene in "The Return Pink Panther" (the good one, with Peter Sellers) in which Clouseau "helps" Dreyfuss in the garden of the insane asylum. That's all I can say, run your imagination, then make it 5x worse and you're getting close...
You are killing us here man. 😝

Hi,

My turn to do a range "report", I go twice a week, shoot in excess of 400 rounds a week, but this range report is a special one with a twist. Kind of a testimony to the Prodigy and Hex in terms of reliability. I'm actually still in awe with what happened.

Long story short, let's say the Prodigy with a Dragonfly attached and 3 mags found themselves 6ft under water (with me), about 30min before going to the range. This was not a test, but at extreme feat of clumsiness, kind of reverse Cirque du Soleil :(

A quick clean/dry of all components, verifying the Dragonfly was still functioning (it was actually on under water and was working, I checked!) thanks to the seal plate, and off to the range. Didn't even change the battery on the RDS. Everything worked fine, and as always, the Prodigy delivers great accuracy

115gr CCI at 25 yards:

View attachment 44188

115gr CCI at 20 yards:

View attachment 44189

The odd ones and off target ones are one-handed support hand, that's sometimes what happens when one gets cocky and think he can rapid fire one handed...

To be honest, I've been mostly chuckling at the existence of the seal plate and only installed it for aesthetics purposes as without it there is visible air gap that looks horrible. Now I know, and the seal plate goes on by default, no questions asked.

Well, OK. Even without that chapter I guess it's a pretty good story. Thanks for sharing your adventures. Will there be a book and a movie? Maybe you'll be on America's Funniest Videos? ;)

Anyway, nice work on those targets. I'm glad the seal plate did its job.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Hi,

Well, OK. Even without that chapter I guess it's a pretty good story. Thanks for sharing your adventures. Will there be a book and a movie? Maybe you'll be on America's Funniest Videos? ;)

Anyway, nice work on those targets. I'm glad the seal plate did its job.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
Tribulations is probably more appropriate than adventures :LOL: This will be the only proof it ever happened, but I still have the memory of my wife laughing her ass off and my dogs rushing to help until they realized the water was too cold for their taste. Man's best friend all right... Luckily no camera or picture, so I can deny it all. What I can swear is that it wasn't any kind of tacti-cool situation, just plain dumbassery on my end.

The truly amazing part is the fact that this $250 RDS was functioning under water, never shut down and kept working all along. I obviously cleaned it up and put a new battery in for good measure, but it was fully functional. Too bad Springfield doesn't seem to care much about it any more.

As for the shooting, thanks for the compliment. The Prodigy is a remarkably good pistol and the Olight WL does a marvelous job counter-balancing: whatever muzzle rise I would let happen is taken care of, it's the perfect counter-weight. On lighter pistols like the M17, it's too heavy, but on the Prodigy, it's just perfect.

Tribulations is probably more appropriate than adventures :LOL: This will be the only proof it ever happened, but I still have the memory of my wife laughing her ass off and my dogs rushing to help until they realized the water was too cold for their taste. Man's best friend all right... Luckily no camera or picture, so I can deny it all. What I can swear is that it wasn't any kind of tacti-cool situation, just plain dumbassery on my end.

The truly amazing part is the fact that this $250 RDS was functioning under water, never shut down and kept working all along. I obviously cleaned it up and put a new battery in for good measure, but it was fully functional. Too bad Springfield doesn't seem to care much about it any more.

As for the shooting, thanks for the compliment. The Prodigy is a remarkably good pistol and the Olight WL does a marvelous job counter-balancing: whatever muzzle rise I would let happen is taken care of, it's the perfect counter-weight. On lighter pistols like the M17, it's too heavy, but on the Prodigy, it's just perfect.
you wouldn't happen to have a pool, would you?

Back