testtest

Talking about bad ass

javbike

Professional
DAF15473-60B8-4219-996D-29DE45CFC5E2.jpeg

SSgt Bobseine was definitely an athlete and competitive shooter before entering the Air Force, and was in fact an Air Force Security Forces sniper and airborne troop, triathlete, and fitness instructor who deployed to the war several times, and was an Air Force Airman of the Year in 2006. She definitely qualifies for the title "Badass". As far as making that shot, I don't know if that actually occurred, and suspect the story is embellished. In her official dress blues photo, there is no Air Force Combat Action Medal. An American patriot and hero no matter how you slice it. This young woman has no limits and is undoubtedly successful in her civilian life. Here is the original photo from Air Combat Command, and her official photo
https://www.acc.af.mil/News/Photos/igphoto/2000550486/
1630150473580.png

She is most definitely badass !!!

However, and I don’t mean to tic anyone off, the story as written in the OP pic is almost certainly embellished (as HayesG above alluded to).
1) if the terrorist was ‘blown up’ by his own bomb, how do we know so much about the…(ahem)..,’shot placement’ ? Was it all videoed? just askin’…
2) I have a minor problem with the sniper bullet going through him and then causing the IED to explode… It’s surely possible … and both automatic fire and single shots are used to clear explosives (in small defined areas and a specific object when spotted, respectively). But the shot is generally a disabling shot - I could be wrong but I don’t think it causes explosions. 🤔 . (anybody here know?).
Kinda like the tv-land scenario of dude or cartoon character pulling the bung out of a keg of powder. Pours a trail around the corner, into a doorway, down a hall and into a room then sets the now-partially-empty keg down with the hole at the end of the trail. Runs back out and lights it !!
Problem is, what he’d really get is a big candle in the room. Or a bonfire. He’s got his detonator and his main charge but there’s a piece missing to his system (the booster or initiator? Sorry, it’s been too long ago:( ). Point is, I’m not sure a bullet that traveled 700m would set it off other than as a fluke. Maybe that’s what it was.

Anywho… I wish this young woman well and pray that if she hasn’t already, she’ll move on in life and service to where she no longer has to kill to do her duty.

SSgt Bobseine was definitely an athlete and competitive shooter before entering the Air Force, and was in fact an Air Force Security Forces sniper and airborne troop, triathlete, and fitness instructor who deployed to the war several times, and was an Air Force Airman of the Year in 2006. She definitely qualifies for the title "Badass". As far as making that shot, I don't know if that actually occurred, and suspect the story is embellished. In her official dress blues photo, there is no Air Force Combat Action Medal. An American patriot and hero no matter how you slice it. This young woman has no limits and is undoubtedly successful in her civilian life. Here is the original photo from Air Combat Command, and her official photo
https://www.acc.af.mil/News/Photos/igphoto/2000550486/
View attachment 20200
Old photo? The rank insignia depicted is of a Senior Airman.

Whatever the truth, it is still a great picture! I like the "story" too.

I was at Bass Pro a couple years ago, and got in a conversation with one of the guys in the gun department. He was in to shooting long range. He told me about shooting 1,000 yards in a competition. Until then, I didn't know anybody who tried to hit something that far away. Needless to say, I was impressed.

Whatever the truth, it is still a great picture! I like the "story" too.

I was at Bass Pro a couple years ago, and got in a conversation with one of the guys in the gun department. He was in to shooting long range. He told me about shooting 1,000 yards in a competition. Until then, I didn't know anybody who tried to hit something that far away. Needless to say, I was impressed.
I don’t know anybody around here that shoots those ranges in competition.. matter of fact most of these guys are focused (no pun intended) on deer hunting ranges, which is 2-300yd max ( despite what they brag about:) )

Back