testtest

Taurus and gun control

Taurus makes a fine trolling weight. Maybe that's where they should focus their efforts.
They've been selling crap guns for years and they're still in business.
Wow, I always see people complaining about Taurus, I have no issues with my Raging Hunter in .44 mag, not whatsoever, yea some of there pistols were questionable, but there revolvers to me are good……better then some others out there on the market, at least there barrels are not shipping from the factory canted like S&W…..

Wow, I always see people complaining about Taurus, I have no issues with my Raging Hunter in .44 mag, not whatsoever, yea some of there pistols were questionable, but there revolvers to me are good……better then some others out there on the market, at least there barrels are not shipping from the factory canted like S&W…..
And my Taurus 605M has run flawlessly as well.

I had a 629 couple years back that had a canted barrel, sent it back, received it and then it was canted the other direction, sent it in again and sold it after I got it back. Didn’t buy any of there revolvers till I got my 610, but I made darn sure it’s barrel was straight.
They ought to fire the barrel guy. I have friends who had the same problem with performance center guns.

They ought to fire the barrel guy. I have friends who had the same problem with performance center guns.
What it is, they don’t want parts fitted like the old days, there is really no hand fitting on S&W revolvers, all internal parts are MIM, hardly any fitting required, just drop in the parts, so there is no skill personnel who can actually fit the barrel and such, that’s why you see more and more 2 piece barrels coming out, no indexing needed

What it is, they don’t want parts fitted like the old days, there is really no hand fitting on S&W revolvers, all internal parts are MIM, hardly any fitting required, just drop in the parts, so there is no skill personnel who can actually fit the barrel and such, that’s why you see more and more 2 piece barrels coming out, no indexing needed
sadly, the only way to get such quality control and professionalism is to go high dollar.

not all of us can afford such firearms.

same can be said of any American made motor vehicle, including motorbikes. compared to the higher dollar ones built in other countries, but at a cost of shipping, and lack of parts availability, and even professional techs to service them. otherwise, many times, much better quality.

washing machines, dryers, refrigerators, etc,etc....

"get in the raw materials, stamp it, assemble it, push it out the door"

"let the dealerships-stores-repair shops, deal with the backlash".

"we are only here to build them, nothing else".

I'm no expert on any gun, but Taurus has made some decent stuff the last few years, granted they did have trouble at one time. their TX22 is one nice 22 handgun and half price of others. the sig p322 is a royal POS.

I gave 175 bucks for this one, the place had it on sale and it came with a 25 dollar rebate. it came with two mags too. It goes bang every time. you can't buy a S&W, Ruger or that or any semi auto for that anymore. Quality wise it's not bad, would it hold up for many 1000's of rounds? who knows. most people that buy a handgun might put 1000 rounds though one in ten years.

Everyone bashes high point, Now granted they are the ugliest gun ever made but they go bang every time too. Their carbines work like they should, although they are ugly and not the easiest to field strip. I have to agree with Keystone on the S&W now, they are putting out some ugly semi auto's now. The metal framed ones look good but that new 5.7 and equalizer is ugly to me.

everyone has different taste, that's why we have a variety. and thank goodness. be tough if we all had to have the exact same thing.

Now far as Taurus supporting gun control, we shall see how far they go with it, i really find it hard to believe they would come here with it. they would really be shooting themselves in the foot.

20220710_104425.jpg

Just a short derailment, for the life of me why hi point doesn't redesign their handguns so they are not so ugly is beyond me. they could make them different and more eye appealing and they would sell the heck out of them. A lot of people don't buy them cause of their looks.

As others have said Taurus-USA is a seperate part from the parent company in Brazil. Just like Sig-USA is seperate from Sig Europe.

Brazil has plenty of their own problems to deal with.

I don't pay any attention to those :poop:-heads outside the US says unless their US affiliate says the same.

Just a short derailment, for the life of me why hi point doesn't redesign their handguns so they are not so ugly is beyond me. they could make them different and more eye appealing and they would sell the heck out of them. A lot of people don't buy them cause of their looks.
Because of costs. They sell becuase they are cheap. A redisgn would cost money, thus rasigin the cost of the gun.

Back