testtest

Taurus G3C: Full Review

That’s pretty much Taurus’ boilerplate response for turnaround time, but typically they turn it around much quicker.

I had to send my G3C in for warranty work - good design just poor execution at least on mine
I have a Taurus TH9 Full Size on order. IF and when it arrives, I am going to "fit and finish" it before I ever shoot it. I personally think they should do this before it leaves the factory, but they apparently don't agree. It seems to be these little finishing touches they din't complete. I guess if they did, it couldn't be the budget weapon it is.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I have a Taurus TH9 Full Size on order. IF and when it arrives, I am going to "fit and finish" it before I ever shoot it. I personally think they should do this before it leaves the factory, but they apparently don't agree. It seems to be these little finishing touches they din't complete. I guess if they did, it couldn't be the budget weapon it is.

On mine the chamber was cut too small and it lead to extraction issues.

looking around on the web this appears to be fairly common in G3C barrels. The problem with Taurus pistols is there isn’t a ton of data on the new ones as the kind of person who buys them and then crows about them usually aren’t shooters

“ mine has 300 flawless rounds”

I am SO going to try this tonight.....seems too easy...lol. Thank you for the info.
I started this possible fix at around 5:30pm tonight. I watched Die Hard, which is a Christmas movie, dammit!;)
During the first hour I polished the feed ramp with a dollar bill exactly like the instructions specified. After the first hour, I switched over to polishing the inside of the frame where the feed ramp meets the frame, and did that until the end of the movie. I then cleaned and oiled the weapon, put a full 12 round mag of HST 147 grain in and........JAM! First round...lol. 2nd round also jammed, the rest of mag cycled without issue. Loaded up a different 12 round mag, and, jam again. This time on the third round, then the 5th....rest of mag cycled cleanly. I used six different G3C magazines and used a random sample of 100 HST rounds. The jams seemed to be in the earlier rounds, 1-5 mostly but I did have a couple of rounds later in the mag jam also. Same “nosedive” type of jam. Overall, I don’t think this fix really did anything but it was definitely worth a shot. Get it? “Shot”......haha I’ll be here all week, try the veal....
I think, at this point, I’m going to put some TruGlo Tritium Pro sights,l and a stainless steel guide rod into this G3C and call it good. I’ve shot many rounds thru it and it’s a heck of nice EDC handgun, and very accurate. I hate to get rid of it over this small, but very annoying issue. I have not been able to find a replacement barrel specifically for the G3c unless you count the Lakeline threaded stainless barrrel which adds length to the barrel where it sticks out of the slide, and I have no interest in that. I figured by now someone would be selling parts for the G3c after market but so far no luck on a barrel.

Last edited:
I started this possible fix at around 5:30pm tonight. I watched Die Hard, which is a Christmas movie, dammit!;)
During the first hour I polished the feed ramp with a dollar bill exactly like the instructions specified. After the first hour, I switched over to polishing the inside of the frame where the feed ramp meets the frame, and did that until the end of the movie. I then cleaned and oiled the weapon, put a full 12 round mag of HST 147 grain in and........JAM! First round...lol. 2nd round also jammed, the rest of mag cycled without issue. Loaded up a different 12 round mag, and, jam again. This time on the third round, then the 5th....rest of mag cycled cleanly. I used six different G3C magazines and used a random sample of 100 HST rounds. The jams seemed to be in the earlier rounds, 1-5 mostly but I did have a couple of rounds later in the mag jam also. Same “nosedive” type of jam. Overall, I don’t think this fix really did anything but it was definitely worth a shot. Get it? “Shot”......haha I’ll be here all week, try the veal....
I think, at this point, I’m going to put some TruGlo Tritium Pro sights,l and a stainless steel guide rod into this G3C and call it good. I’ve shot many rounds thru it and it’s a heck of nice EDC handgun, and very accurate. I hate to get rid of it over this small, but very annoying issue. I have not been able to find a replacement barrel specifically for the G3c unless you count the Lakeline threaded stainless barrrel which adds length to the barrel where it sticks out of the slide, and I have no interest in that. I figured by now someone would be selling parts for the G3c after market but so far no luck on a barrel.
Darn! Did you notice a considerable difference in the appearance and feel-to-touch in the guide ramp? My difference was gigantic! I am sorry this didn't help you. The stronger lakeland spring will make some difference. I am going to get a lakeline barrel for mine. I want to custom fit the lockup for some added accuracy.

If I find something else I will let you know.

Darn! Did you notice a considerable difference in the appearance and feel-to-touch in the guide ramp? My difference was gigantic! I am sorry this didn't help you. The stronger lakeland spring will make some difference. I am going to get a lakeline barrel for mine. I want to custom fit the lockup for some added accuracy.

If I find something else I will let you know.

I seemed to notice more of a difference in smoothness on the frame than I did with the barrel. Where the feed ramp meets the frame, it's definitely smoother now, but I think the barrel is still the issue. I very much appreciate the info and ideas, if you find any gun part sellers that sell G3C barrels, let me know. Thanks again.

I seemed to notice more of a difference in smoothness on the frame than I did with the barrel. Where the feed ramp meets the frame, it's definitely smoother now, but I think the barrel is still the issue. I very much appreciate the info and ideas, if you find any gun part sellers that sell G3C barrels, let me know. Thanks again.
When your barrel is captured and the gun is in battery, can you wiggle it by pressing your finger on the too of the chamber?

I bought a TH40c (same as th9 just .40 &31/2 barrel) from a co-worker . what I did was to remove a hammer strut cause it is stamped and take the sharp edge off of it , add graphite to some white grease up into the hammer where the strut meets it . Beretta 92 Hammer Springs just cut to fit (wolf springs) , squared off the trigger bar where it meets The Seer with a stone (carefully) . It ain't no Sig but I'm not getting rid of it ,

I bought a TH40c (same as th9 just .40 &31/2 barrel) from a co-worker . what I did was to remove a hammer strut cause it is stamped and take the sharp edge off of it , add graphite to some white grease up into the hammer where the strut meets it . Beretta 92 Hammer Springs just cut to fit (wolf springs) , squared off the trigger bar where it meets The Seer with a stone (carefully) . It ain't no Sig but I'm not getting rid of it ,
Did these changes noticeability change the performance?

Back