testtest

Tavor TS12

Bassbob

Emissary
So you guys have been listening to me talk about it for like a year. PSA has them in stock right now and I just bought one. Knowing PSA it will be a couple weeks before it gets here but I will give a little range report when I get my hands on it.

So I picked it up tonight. It's raining here and I haven't had a chance to take it out back. I did break it down and clean it and install the Romeo 5. From manually cycling it repeatedly everything seems to work just fine. All the tubes hold 5 like they should ( some people had a problem with this and sent it back in).

So I still need to get a hold of some slugs so I can zero the red dot and I need to get some BUIS and a sling.

JRBNgLu.jpg

C4hndfg.jpg

So I picked it up tonight. It's raining here and I haven't had a chance to take it out back. I did break it down and clean it and install the Romeo 5. From manually cycling it repeatedly everything seems to work just fine. All the tubes hold 5 like they should ( some people had a problem with this and sent it back in).

So I still need to get a hold of some slugs so I can zero the red dot and I need to get some BUIS and a sling.

JRBNgLu.jpg

C4hndfg.jpg

Very nice! Congrats.

Well, I just got back from the range. Of course the Tavor was cleaned and lubed before hand and the only thing I did to it was sit a Romeo 5 on the rail.

Straight off the bat the Romeo was 1" low and 1" left at 25 yards shooting the Federal Truball rifled slugs so I had it zero'ed in 2 shots, but I took 5.

After that I put 20 more Truball slugs, 25 Federal black box 2 3/4 00B, 5 rounds of 3" 00B, 75 rounds of some crappy, low brass, steel shot ( lower velocity than IWI recommends) and 175 rounds of various brands and types of target loads, some over and some under the recommended 1200 fps. The gun ran flawlessly. Loading is very fast and convenient. The learning curve, well, there really isn't a learning curve. It's all very intuitive and simple. The Tavor is extremely forgiving on your shoulder. When I zero'ed the Romeo on my KSG25 I shot 11 slugs and my shoulder was black and sore for a couple days. Today I shot 25 of those 1600 fps slugs, plus some 3" 00B and all that black box and my shoulder is perfectly fine.

I totally destroyed one of my course sleds I build for drills. Those slugs are particularly brutal. :)

I have 4 days off this week and the weather is supposed to be nice. Sunny and upper 50s so I'm going to put another 500 or so through it, but so far I have faith in it's reliability and the odds of it being put into the rotation on the home front are very good indeed.

So if you've been on the fence about the Tavor TS12, get on down and buy one. PSA has them right now for $1500. It's the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

Back