testtest

Tax stamps

My latest suppressor was approved to through the E-form process a month ago and I still haven't received the physical tax stamp. A copy of the tax stamp from the approval email the ATF sends you and the FFL will suffice to take possession of you're NFA item until the physical tax stamp arrives.

I have heard of instances where the retailer got notice your tax stamp is approved, but it was not emailed yet. Like a 24-48 hr difference.
Think its due to our “red tape inefficient” bureaucracy
This has been a month. The retailer claimed they had to wait 20 days to request a duplicate and that will take 10 weeks!

That will be the way to go next time. I'm on Month 17 with this clown company.
Ohhh damn, if the stamp is lost in the mail it is insane slow to correct. It has never happened to me, but from a friend that lost theirs in a house fire. Basically like a year later after apply for a replacement for three stamps they finally got copies of the original paperwork, it was not a new stamp just a copy of the original. He had electronic copies, but the harddrive burned up as well.

My latest suppressor was approved to through the E-form process a month ago and I still haven't received the physical tax stamp. A copy of the tax stamp from the approval email the ATF sends you and the FFL will suffice to take possession of you're NFA item until the physical tax stamp arrives.
You wont get a physical copy. XDMan noted this in his reply as well.
Your email with the stamp is your copy.
You can also log into your account with ATF and click on the approved tab to print a copy if needed for your gun bag .

Last edited:
When you e-file you do not get a paper version, it is all electronic. only paper filing gets the actual paperwork back. When you log into your personal efile account on the left you will have an approved tab with your stamps In a virtual “locker”

Just to add to this discussion, When you purchase via the Silencer Central process, they file under their account, not yours therefore when you log into your account the filing does not show up. I am not far enough along in the process to see if an approved stamp will show up on my ATF account but I will update this thread when it happens.

Film at 11........

Tom, please expand on your comment. I need a lot more substance to understand what you are trying to say.
Cant get a straight story from them on what's what. I'm concerned that it took about 2 minutes for a person I was talking to to tell me the ATF neglected to send them my tax stamp among "2200" approvals just recieved. So they had to wait 3 weeks to request a duplicate, which they say will take 10 weeks. THEN they send me more paperwork to do THEN they have to contact my sheriff, etc........I imagine it's a high turnover situation there as I seem to be telling THEM the status of my item. I talked to the ATF directly, sent an email request for duplicate stamp. They say it may take up to 45 days.

Cant get a straight story from them on what's what. I'm concerned that it took about 2 minutes for a person I was talking to to tell me the ATF neglected to send them my tax stamp among "2200" approvals just recieved. So they had to wait 3 weeks to request a duplicate, which they say will take 10 weeks. THEN they send me more paperwork to do THEN they have to contact my sheriff, etc........I imagine it's a high turnover situation there as I seem to be telling THEM the status of my item. I talked to the ATF directly, sent an email request for duplicate stamp. They say it may take up to 45 days.
Thanks Tom,
I understand where you are coming from. I would have to agree that the volume they process is large. I signed up with them at the NRA Convention in Houston and they had people crammed in their booth like sardines ( but sardines have it better - they get to lie down) waiting to sign up. The opportunity to screw up is quite large.

This is the great thing about living in Illinois. We don't have the aggravation of having to wait and wonder when this tax stamp thing might show up . Our state rulers know that these things are dangerous to us so they have ruled that we can't have these things that will let us poach Deer and other animals , or kill other humans without anyone hearing a sound.

Stupid state !!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad::mad:

This is the great thing about living in Illinois. We don't have the aggravation of having to wait and wonder when this tax stamp thing might show up . Our state rulers know that these things are dangerous to us so they have ruled that we can't have these things that will let us poach Deer and other animals , or kill other humans without anyone hearing a sound.

Stupid state !!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad::mad:
I have an idea - come down to Texas and take a trailer load of wild hogs (pregnant ones) up to the capital and let them loose. They will change their tune real fast. :p

There probably is a clause somewhere in the fine print that a facsimile (tax stamp) is Not acceptable when the Agency comes to inspect and compare your inventory to the 4473’s on file.
Dont be surprised either if the Agency claims they lost all its records (to hackers) and wants the surrender of the item in question.
Sort of like the Game Warden asking for your fishin’ license and you hand over a xerox copy that you keep in a plastic baggie…Not Acceptable - AND they confiscate all your tackle, vessel, cooler and get still a citation or two, then you must appear for a hearing and get a fine anyway.

Back