testtest

Technology

My Porsche is so technologically advanced that if the battery goes dead it effectively seals everything tight - including the frunk where the battery is. In order to get the frunk open you have to run a set of cables from one car to a special attachment point in the Porsche’s fuse box. This will provide enough power to pop the frunk. Once you have it open you have to climb in the frunk in order to take out the dead battery which is in a recess under the wiper cowl against the firewall. I got lucky. Later models of the Cayman require you to take the car to Porsche because the battery has to be synched to the car. I believe this system was designed by the same German genius/sadist who so ridiculously over-engineered the VP9 and turned a simple spring job into an effort worthy of a PhD dissertation.

Much like someone above, I replace batteries in all my truck, car and motorcycle fobs every New Year. Not necessarily on new years day, but usually during that first week. I also make it a habit to replace the batteries in all my smoke detectors, remote door bell, battery operated clock/s, and anything else I own that uses a battery including all 3 TV remotes, my wrist watch, the two indoor/outdoor thermometers, my instant read/remote BBQ thermometers and even my RDS's. At last count I think there was about 12-14(+/-) batteries to replace during that first week, but then I don't have to worry about any of them for a whole year. That may seem like a little 'overkill', but the aggravation of just one ... any one of those things going dead drives me nutzzzz when I find it with a dead battery!

It took me a lot of years and a lot of going nutzzzz before I finally wised up and realized that every dead battery I had dealt with over about 60+ years was entirely my own fault. I finally fixed the problem!

I was a mechanic for 42 years and absolutely detest all the electronic gizmos they stick in cars these days. The more crap you put in them, the more likely it is for something to go wrong. And the more electronics involved, the more expensive it gets. 🤬
That's why I drive a 2003 F-150 and a 2011 Escape. Both can be unlocked and started with the key. ;)

Back