testtest

Tell me about those CZ's

jumpinjoe

Professional
At the range this afternoon and while there, another gentleman about three or four bays down from me kept seeming to be having trouble with his gun. Once, while allowing my bbl to cool, I asked what he was shooting and was he having issues/problems with it. He said it was a CZ (no mod# given, but it was full sized) and no issues, just that he hated the fact that the CZ's for some reason he could not remember, would not load/fire the last round in the mag ..... Huh? says I. I've never heard of such a thing, but then I'm not a CZ kind of guy either. Never even held one in my hand.

So, you guys who are 'all-knowing' about those CZ's, tell me why they don't load/fire the last round. I watched a little closer for awhile after our conversation and it appeared to me, the CZ illiterate, that the mag was locking back as if the mag was empty which is rather normal across many brands. However, the mag was not empty and always locked back with that last round still in the mag, and it appeared to make no difference how many rounds were loaded.

I really am curious. Is it the way it seemed and as he described, or was I (or he) hallucinating?

Thanks y'all!!!

There are several CZ pistol models current & past. All are highly thought of.

But, there's not enough info in your post to be able to reply about what that shooter was doing with his pistol, and/or its condition.

Never had any issues with mine.

I know the info available is scant, but that's all I have since I didn't want to pry. But he seemed so certain it was something the gun was supposed to be doing (though he didn't particularly like it) I was just hoping somebody would be aware of it. He even mentioned he 'remembered' reading "something about that" in the book.

And I'm not real sure about it happening regardless of the number of rounds stacked into the mag ...... that was just my apparent observation while trying to watch the issue without upsetting the shooter.

Thanks Y'all !!!

I don't recall seeing him ever change the mag, and I didn't see any others laying around. I'm pretty sure he was just reloading and using the same one. Makes sense it could be the mag, I'm just a little unsure why it would always be the last round regardless of how many he stacked in the mag. I mean why would it fail to strip off only the last of any number of rounds? It never seemed to fail to strip the 3rd round of 5, or the 6th round of 9, etc, etc. It was always the very last round regardless of how many in the mag.

At the range this afternoon and while there, another gentleman about three or four bays down from me kept seeming to be having trouble with his gun. Once, while allowing my bbl to cool, I asked what he was shooting and was he having issues/problems with it. He said it was a CZ (no mod# given, but it was full sized) and no issues, just that he hated the fact that the CZ's for some reason he could not remember, would not load/fire the last round in the mag ..... Huh? says I. I've never heard of such a thing, but then I'm not a CZ kind of guy either. Never even held one in my hand.

So, you guys who are 'all-knowing' about those CZ's, tell me why they don't load/fire the last round. I watched a little closer for awhile after our conversation and it appeared to me, the CZ illiterate, that the mag was locking back as if the mag was empty which is rather normal across many brands. However, the mag was not empty and always locked back with that last round still in the mag, and it appeared to make no difference how many rounds were loaded.

I really am curious. Is it the way it seemed and as he described, or was I (or he) hallucinating?

Thanks y'all!!!
Funny you mention the CZ I was at the range today a guy next to me today a 9 mm CZ I don’t know what model but his ran smooth all day no problems at all nice looking gun

Agree on probably the mag, only other thing I could think of I wonder if he was using either a high hold on the gun and his thumb might have been hitting the slide lock during recoil, or was he limp wristing it, just a few other thoughts on this.

i have the CZ 75B, 9MM and the CZ 97B, .45ACP (no longer in production)

never any issues, and i bought all my magazines directly from CZ.

i'm thinking his hand was tired after shooting a full magazine, and he limp wristed, now THAT has happened to me on ANY semi-automatic that i own

I've had a CZ P10C for a few years now and it's ran flawlessly and it's definitely one of my most accurate 9mm handguns. It's very well built, the slide rails are thick and you definitely can tell when you fire it, it's well balanced, the recoil is very manageable and I've used all kinds of ammo, with no issues at all. One interesting feature of the CZ P10C is that when the slide locks back after the last round is fired, if you slam another loaded mag into the mag well with some force, the slide will release on its own and you're ready to fire. I think there are several models of handguns that do this but it's the only one I have that does that. I used to have a CZ P10S but it was just too small for my hands, even with an extended mag. I traded a guy straight across for my P10C, his P10C was too big for his hands so it was a good trade for both of us. Both handguns were brand new in the box.

Magazine problem I am guessing. I have ran a lot of CZs and Cz derivative designs and it's is one of the most reliable brands I have seen, especially the 75 based designs. Even the EAA Witness ran flawlessly.

Well, it seems the problem was definitely not 'something he remembered reading about in the book'. Since it was always the last round regardless of how many rounds were stacked, I'm going to go in the direction of a dirty and/or weak mag/spring, even though it certainly could have been a combination of any/all of the suggestions here. Would that make sense to some of you who have used the CZ? I looked the mag over pretty well and it did seem a little 'draggy' (is that a word?) as the follower neared the top. (y)(y)(y)

I've had a CZ 75B Retro for some time. I've put 500 rounds (all 124 grain ball) through it without issue. Very well made. Accurate. I just can't make myself like the thing. I'm trading it for an SA Ronin 4.25" barrel 9MM if my LGS ever gets one in. (I think my problem is that I'm just so much of a 1911 fan boy that I can't make nice with anything else!)

Back