testtest

Terni 1939 Carcano 7.35MM

Nice pick up and for a good price. Hopefully you'll be able to find some ammo some place. Although I don't have this particular model Carcano, I did pick up a model 91 Calvary Carbine Carcano, mostly used by the Carabinieri on horse or bicycle during the period of WWII. Mine has production date of 1938 XVI and is chambered in 6.5x52 Carcano (this ammo available at Priv Partizan, perhaps other places as well). During my brief research, it was written that the Roman Numerals (in my case XVI) is also the production date using the Fascist Era date of the March on Rome (1922) and adding the Roman Numerals to that (1922+XVI (16)=1938). I also picked up a small booklet "Carcano Rifle & Carbines Handbook" from Amazon that gives information, workings, disassembly, etc. on Carcanos.

Well, it’s my son in law’s and the boy never keeps anything for long. I suspect this will be traded off for something else before he gets too far into it. It sounds like he’s keeping the .22 though.
I recently bought a Heritage Rough Rider that came with both the 22lr and 22 WMR cylinders. I wanted something that was lower cost (I was picking up my costly HK SP5K at the time), and although I'm not the biggest fan of 22lr (but own several firearms in this caliber), I never shot the 22 magnum, and though why not. They sell the magnum cylinders separately, so if SIL like the 22lr and wants to move up to 22 mag, that's always an option.

I recently bought a Heritage Rough Rider that came with both the 22lr and 22 WMR cylinders. I wanted something that was lower cost (I was picking up my costly HK SP5K at the time), and although I'm not the biggest fan of 22lr (but own several firearms in this caliber), I never shot the 22 magnum, and though why not. They sell the magnum cylinders separately, so if SIL like the 22lr and wants to move up to 22 mag, that's always an option.
He definitely does. I checked while he was here and they're $30. He probably bought it today.

20231202_151021.jpg

20231202_150422.jpg

I inherited this one from my grandfather along with 8 of these boxes of ammo. The gun is stamped "R E Terni" with the crown, "7,35", and i think "K1810", the K could be an R i suppose. I thought i remember him telling me it was a military rifle and had armor piercing rounds, but maybe this one wasn't military issue.

View attachment 47946
View attachment 47947
I inherited this one from my grandfather along with 8 of these boxes of ammo. The gun is stamped "R E Terni" with the crown, "7,35", and i think "K1810", the K could be an R i suppose. I thought i remember him telling me it was a military rifle and had armor piercing rounds, but maybe this one wasn't military issue.
My guess it was sporterized some time after WWII, but it looks like someone did a great job.

Back