testtest

Texas and other southern states in our thoughts

As of yesterday on hwy287 trucks are running speed limit, but are still having wrecks! What idiots! No loss of power so far, just stupid drivers! I'll be going home this afternoon because of the hills being more thawed out (temp above freezing) finally. It'll be crazy driving for the DFW area that I came from 2 days ago. My son in south Texas is used too the weather of the more northern Texas (I e. West Texas). Thanks for your thoughts! Be safe all nno matter where you live!

CFEC375E-8C0B-487E-8E6E-51BA205F8F71.jpeg

This was my drive to work about a month ago. I’m stopped in the side of the road, that’s a coworker in the Hummer ahead of me. The curve marker would disappear ever 20-30 seconds, and I would just be able to make out the glow of taillights.

We took off about 10 minutes after this shot; took us 30 minutes to go 7 miles…

We know the secret to driving in this shi(itake mushroom) weather, though…

Drive slow.

I've lived in Presque Isle, Maine... Minot, North Dakota, Anchorage, Alaska... and Amarillo, Texas. All with some pretty bad winters. Have to say however none measured close to Minot, ND. Because it's so flat there the wind can blow unbelievably strong, and during the winter it gets pretty tough to deal with. Visibility can be only a couple of feet at times. Currently here in Houston, TX streets are fine, traffic moving at posted + speeds (it is TX), just cold. Got down in the mid-twenties last night, and currently it's 33 degrees at 3PM. But it never lasts long.

Back