testtest

Texas Congresswoman Introduces Universal Licensing, Registration Bill

Coming out of Texas is what surprised me. I dont think it will gain any traction in Texas but there are plenty of places it will.

In the last couple years Texas has surprised me a couple times. I guess you have to consider that Houston, Dallas and Austin are going to be pretty blue.

There was a time when the state I live in ( Missouri) had New Jersey style gun laws. No carry. Ammo and firearm had to be in locked containers in separate places in your vehicle, etc.. I clearly remember trying to get my first wife to move to Texas. To me, Texas WAS America. In 2003 Missouri finally got RTC and since then we have maintained a veto proof red super majority. While Missouri marched ever forward with regards to gun rights Texas has taken a few steps back. Today Missouri gun laws make Texas look not quite New Jersey, but at least Iowa or something. You have to have a permit to open carry in Texas. Even when Missouri had no RTC laws, constitutionally we had permitless open carry and while LEO would often arrest or detain you for open carry, they lost in court every time a " Suspect" had the notion to get a lawyer and go to court. Usually a single meeting between a lawyer and a prosecutor was enough to get it thrown out since they knew they couldn't convict someone of a crime that doesn't exist. Shortly after Missouri adopted concealed carry the age limit was dropped from 23 to 19. If I'm not mistaken you have to be 21 to buy or carry any gun in Texas. Not too long after that Missouri passed constitutional carry. We have civil liability protection laws which exempt you from civil liability in a justified shooting and this year it is extremely likely we will pass the SAPA which will make it illegal for any State official or LEO to enforce any past, present or future unconstitutional gun laws, UNDER PENALTY. We will be a 2A sanctuary state and a bellweather for the country. If states can refuse to enforce federal immigration laws and marijuana laws then we can refuse to enforce unconstitutional gun laws. It's very likely to set the stage for a SCOTUS showdown with the Biden DOJ and set a precedent for the entire country.

So yeah, the "Wild, wild west, that is Texas needs to step up their game. ;-)

In the last couple years Texas has surprised me a couple times. I guess you have to consider that Houston, Dallas and Austin are going to be pretty blue.

There was a time when the state I live in ( Missouri) had New Jersey style gun laws. No carry. Ammo and firearm had to be in locked containers in separate places in your vehicle, etc.. I clearly remember trying to get my first wife to move to Texas. To me, Texas WAS America. In 2003 Missouri finally got RTC and since then we have maintained a veto proof red super majority. While Missouri marched ever forward with regards to gun rights Texas has taken a few steps back. Today Missouri gun laws make Texas look not quite New Jersey, but at least Iowa or something. You have to have a permit to open carry in Texas. Even when Missouri had no RTC laws, constitutionally we had permitless open carry and while LEO would often arrest or detain you for open carry, they lost in court every time a " Suspect" had the notion to get a lawyer and go to court. Usually a single meeting between a lawyer and a prosecutor was enough to get it thrown out since they knew they couldn't convict someone of a crime that doesn't exist. Shortly after Missouri adopted concealed carry the age limit was dropped from 23 to 19. If I'm not mistaken you have to be 21 to buy or carry any gun in Texas. Not too long after that Missouri passed constitutional carry. We have civil liability protection laws which exempt you from civil liability in a justified shooting and this year it is extremely likely we will pass the SAPA which will make it illegal for any State official or LEO to enforce any past, present or future unconstitutional gun laws, UNDER PENALTY. We will be a 2A sanctuary state and a bellweather for the country. If states can refuse to enforce federal immigration laws and marijuana laws then we can refuse to enforce unconstitutional gun laws. It's very likely to set the stage for a SCOTUS showdown with the Biden DOJ and set a precedent for the entire country.

So yeah, the "Wild, wild west, that is Texas needs to step up their game. ;-)
@BassB: I’m from NC but know Missouri well from a number of years at Ft Leonard Wood - the Waynesville / St Robert area in south-central MO... grew to love it !
Very independent minded people, and a lot of what NC once was (situated between Va and SC, once 2 of the wealthiest states, ol’ NC was called “a vale of humility between two mountains of conceit”...)
Anyway... I wanted to add that what MO got going there was a ‘grassroots’ thing. I’ve noticed that when liberal high mindedness gets to the point that it intrudes on the lib him/herself, they start voting back their own rights. It all starts at local & state level.
one of TX’s huge problems is the large influx of people fleeing the California craziness. They leave to get away from their own nuttiness and end up bringing the mentality with them. But that’s another story..

@BassB: I’m from NC but know Missouri well from a number of years at Ft Leonard Wood - the Waynesville / St Robert area in south-central MO... grew to love it !
Very independent minded people, and a lot of what NC once was (situated between Va and SC, once 2 of the wealthiest states, ol’ NC was called “a vale of humility between two mountains of conceit”...)
Anyway... I wanted to add that what MO got going there was a ‘grassroots’ thing. I’ve noticed that when liberal high mindedness gets to the point that it intrudes on the lib him/herself, they start voting back their own rights. It all starts at local & state level.
one of TX’s huge problems is the large influx of people fleeing the California craziness. They leave to get away from their own nuttiness and end up bringing the mentality with them. But that’s another story..

That's very true. There was a time when we were largely outvoted ( controlled) by voters in STL and KC. That changed after the Bill Clinton administration. He is the last democrat who carried Missouri in a presidential election. This past election was just about 100% red in this state.

Very true words. What I for the life of me cannot figure us WHY they leave a state because of their policies and then turn around and try and create the same policies in another state. It just boogles my mind.

Very true words. What I for the life of me cannot figure us WHY they leave a state because of their policies and then turn around and try and create the same policies in another state. It just boogles my mind.

Look what they did to Colorado. I used to love that place. We went there every summer for the first 15 years of my life. I took a road trip to Henry's Fork Idaho last summer, hitting all the cool stuff on the way. We went out of our way to stay out of Colorado.

Look what they did to Colorado. I used to love that place. We went there every summer for the first 15 years of my life. I took a road trip to Henry's Fork Idaho last summer, hitting all the cool stuff on the way. We went out of our way to stay out of Colorado.
Colorado has really polarized in the last 30 yrs. A lot like Oregon. Several countries there are trying to become part of Idaho; there’s some kinda movement about it... I wish’em luck, but on the other hand I’d hate to see that sorta thing get out of hand. What’s needed is that good ol clear thinking, plain messaging Reaganesque technique that shows libs that “what goes around, COMES around” and when you strangle others’ rights, you eventually strangle your own...
Oh well. You just can’t tell some people. They have to find out the hard way.

Pit: part of the issue isn’t entirely the people leaving, its the businesses leaving CA for a better biz environment. They bring not only the employees that DO want out of CA craziness, but some who have to relocate to keep their jobs.
I’m no expert, but I think it a sort of ‘snowball’ effect, since in some chains supporting industries follow their major payers. Like parts suppliers go where auto plants are built (maybe??).

Joe Rogan recently had Elon Musk on his show, and they discussed how both had just moved their companies to Austin. It was very refreshing to see that both Rogan and Musk agreed that they moved their companied to Texas because of how insane California's laws had become, and both agreed that Texas has to remain "Red" in order for it to continue being better than California. Seeing two influential figures who are generally embraced by progressives admit this fact gave me hope.

Back