testtest

That Aero Precision pistol!

jumpinjoe

Professional
Somebody tell me all there is to know about the Aero Precision pistol. I read an article earlier today about one being sold through an illegal gun sales racket from the back of a new car on a dealership lot. This particular one mentioned apparently had some kind of "drop in" auto sear and was obviously illegal as was the manor in which it was being sold.

Seems a couple guys employed at the dealership held their inventory in the backs of some of the new SUV's on the lot and sold from them looking much as if they were simply showing and demonstrating the cars. The article says the owners and other employees of the dealership knew nothing of the set-up.

Well, all-righty then !!!:confused:

Somebody tell me all there is to know about the Aero Precision pistol. I read an article earlier today about one being sold through an illegal gun sales racket from the back of a new car on a dealership lot. This particular one mentioned apparently had some kind of "drop in" auto sear and was obviously illegal as was the manor in which it was being sold.

Seems a couple guys employed at the dealership held their inventory in the backs of some of the new SUV's on the lot and sold from them looking much as if they were simply showing and demonstrating the cars. The article says the owners and other employees of the dealership knew nothing of the set-up.

Aero Precision is a manufacturer of AR's and associated parts for AR15's, AR10's, and now AR9's.

Aero is a very reputable manufacturer and I'm sure what happened doesn't have any association with them.

Do you have an article link?

I'm wondering if it was an Aero lower with some upper on it or an Aero upper on a different lower maybe even an 80% lower.

Aero mostly specializes in AR parts and I'm not sure if they sell complete firearms anymore.

I own quite a few Aero products.

Last edited:

Here's a very good older, 2017 video review:

Aero Precision is a manufacturer of AR's and associated parts for AR15's, AR10's, and now AR9's.

Aero is a very reputable manufacturer and I'm sure what happened doesn't have any association with them.

Do you have an article link?

I'm wondering if it was an Aero lower with some upper on it or an Aero upper on a different lower maybe even an 80% lower.

Aero mostly specializes in AR parts and I'm not sure if they even sell complete firearms anymore.

I own quite a few Aero products.
This looks like it?

Thanks for the link!

There's way too many d-bags out there doing dumb 💩 like this and it all falls back on legal firearm owners with the negative press.

I'm sure the auto sear was probably some 3D printed piece of plastic like the ones that dumb azz got busted for selling online last year. The guy was trying to market them as coat hangers...🤣

Who the hell in their right mind would buy one of those things thinking they could get away with it. 🤦‍♂️

" ........................... "
There's way too many d-bags out there doing dumb 💩 like this and it all falls back on legal firearm owners with the negative press.
" .................................................... "
That's the whole damn thing right there!!! And for some unforeseen reasons, the law makers are so insistent on punishing the law-abiding by more laws and banning stuff rather than punishing the law breakers for breaking already existing laws and/or using stuff illegally.

Hey elected law makers ..... "Prohibition" bring back any memories, or make any points for you ?????

That's the whole damn thing right there!!! And for some unforeseen reasons, the law makers are so insistent on punishing the law-abiding by more laws and banning stuff rather than punishing the law breakers for breaking already existing laws and/or using stuff illegally.

Hey elected law makers ..... "Prohibition" bring back any memories, or make any points for you ?????
(y)(y)(y)

That's the one. I tried but the link I had took me to a page that wanted me to close my ad blocker. The first time around I was able to read the entire story, it was only when I tried to go back for a link that the ad blocker became an issue.

Thanks Bob.
You're welcome JJ,
Good, no biggie on this end, glad could and was trying to help you out. Sounded like an interesting article from what you 1st stated. Know what you mean on adblockers. Have at least seven different browsers/search engines because of it. It took me a few minutes scouring around with different keywords and browsers to find what thought was article you were talking about. Thought something may have happened somewhere on your end because most times basically an introduction with an accompanying article's posted.

On article? Guys in it sound like knuckle heads. Dealing something under the table at work isn't cool anyways.
Am sure there's more to story than meets the eye too like there usually is?

"That's the whole damn thing right there!!!"
In many ways it is? What's the end game in mind? Prohibition's a good example of the folks behind the "light switch" flipping out laws like flipping a light switch? For who's real good? Something's legal, then it's not, then it is, but then let's throw something in there called another tax, fine or another trinket for who? A precious few with the so called right connections and loud greasy wheels? Is it the just because we can type thing? On this end, the receiving end? Like dogs chasing their tails? A revolving vicious circle and another shell game for the majority of citizens to deal with for a few squeaky wheels?

In some ways, current legalities aside, the guys at dealership did nothing morally wrong except working for themselves on their bosses dime? With their bosses consent is another story? Things like this are done involving other products all the time. Think not? Avon, G.S. cookies, tools, insurance and other products come to mind?

" ................. "
In some ways, current legalities aside, the guys at dealership did nothing morally wrong except working for themselves on their bosses dime? With their bosses consent is another story? Things like this are done involving other products all the time. Think not? Avon, G.S. cookies, tools, insurance and other products come to mind? --- My emphasis ---
Actually Bob, I agree with you about "other products" all the time, but I think it was a much more 'wrong' than just morally. The LEO doesn't give a rat's behind about it being morally wrong, that is between the bad guys and their boss. But what makes it a bad hit to all of us is they were selling illegal firearms. IE: tricked out with auto sears, etc. Not to mention that most folks don't get too riled up over the public sale of "Avon" and "cookies" like they do firearms. The fact they don't realize the actual legal similarities not withstanding.

Frankly I don't much care about them skimming off their boss's time, like I said that's between them and their boss. But I do care a lot about the low life's helping to make the entire pro-gun crowd look bad ....... again.

You know what I'm talking about I'm sure.

Back