testtest

The 1911 and Glock shared a “What The Hell Is This” moment

Honestly, both.

I am a 1911 guy through and through. They shoot amazingly well and are natural pointers

Glocks....function.

I have literally hundreds of hours and thousands of rounds or training...not just target practice, but actual training, on Glocks. I have never had ANY training with a `1911. I still shoot exponentially better with my Kimber than I do my Glock 45.
A good 1911 is easier to shoot and hit with than any handgun I've EVER fired. That's not the only factor that I consider when choosing what I carry, but it does motivate me to choose a 1911 whenever possible.

Back when my now deceased wife was practicing prior to getting her concealed carry permit, her planned carry pistol was a Glock 43. I had her to shoot it enough to understand how to proficiently operate it, shoot it reasonably well, etc., but in the lead-up to the state required class and proficiency (shooting) test, I had her shooting a compact 1911 chambered in 9mm. That boosted her confidence (and hence performance) tremendously. She also used the 1911 for the actual proficiency testing (shooting) of the course. Once the permit was in hand, she carried the G43 and practiced with it more than the 1911. All in all, the 1911 was a huge confidence booster because of the ease of shooting it well and it thus served well as her "gateway" gun.
 
Back
Top