testtest

The .357 Magnum: A Useful and Exciting Cartridge

I own a .357 Ruger revolver, but my favorite gun to shoot .357 with is my Henry lever-action. The Ruger is a fine weapon, but the experience of running a smooth lever action with enough power to stop the hogs that wander onto the land with virtually no recoil is great. If your finances allow, I highly recommend picking up a lever action to share rounds with your revolver. It may not be trendy and tactical, but its a classic shooting experience.

I own a .357 Ruger revolver, but my favorite gun to shoot .357 with is my Henry lever-action. The Ruger is a fine weapon, but the experience of running a smooth lever action with enough power to stop the hogs that wander onto the land with virtually no recoil is great. If your finances allow, I highly recommend picking up a lever action to share rounds with your revolver. It may not be trendy and tactical, but its a classic shooting experience.

It's definitely on my list. I think it will pair well with my Bisley Blackhawk.

Very good article on the 357 Magnum. The first duty gun I purchased was a S&W Model 19 four inch. A true joy to shoot. I bought its companion Marlin 1894 in 357 Magnum when it first came out. Both shoot 158 grain JSP with deadly accuracy. Have killed numerous whitetail deer with both. I have probably harvested more deer with the Marlin than any other rifle I own. I have Also used both in my law enforcement career.

The Model 19 now resides in Alaska where my daughter-in-law carries it as her woods gun after my son had it nitrited. It will better stand up to Alaska's harsh weather conditions.

I still have my Dan Wesson Model 15 with interchangeable 2", 4", 6" and 8" barrels. It too has been used both for duty and hunting. It is one gun I will never part with.

I will likely never buy a lever action .357, but I will never part with the trusty M28. I have had that one for over thirty years, and love it.

Regards,
Bill
I would, a Model 1894. After morning feeding, bucks head into thick timber with lots of cooling shade. If you want 'em, you gotta go get 'em. A sporter rifle with a scope won't get the job done. It's all about jump shooting at very close range. A lightweight, fast handling 1894 .357 Mag with a 16" barrel would be perfect for jump shooting bedded bucks.

Back