testtest

The 6 Best Handguns From Turkey

I have seen both of them for sale recently. Both of these guns are on my list. Although I am sure you will land them before I do. :-0

Lookie here. And from one of my favorite sellers.

Well maybe Bob, but not a certainty. I have my eye on a Sig MCX Canebrake that’s probably in the price neighborhood of the HK SP5K I have on order. So some of my lesser desires will have to hold off for a while (like maybe next month 😉🤣)

I know many praise the Caniks, but I have seen 4 fail on the range. 3 at different handgun, shoot on the move, holster draw type classes I was at and my brothers during normal range time.

I am not sold on the gun. Turkish handguns just dont do it for me.

I’m sure there are plenty of excellent Turkish pistols out there.

I give them a hard pass. Regardless of inexpensive costs
you don't mention what type of failures you had seen (failure to eject, perhaps?) . i do know that the older model Caniks, came with very strong recoil spring assemblies, and the reason for it, they were designed to shoot NATO rounds. i was lucky to find ANYTHING as ammo during the panic crisis, and certainly no NATO rounds to be found.

when this happened to my TP9SF, i put in a call to Century Arms (the importer) and they sent me a much "softer" RSA under warranty, and the gun had no more issues.

you don't mention what type of failures you had seen (failure to eject, perhaps?) . i do know that the older model Caniks, came with very strong recoil spring assemblies, and the reason for it, they were designed to shoot NATO rounds. i was lucky to find ANYTHING as ammo during the panic crisis, and certainly no NATO rounds to be found.

when this happened to my TP9SF, i put in a call to Century Arms (the importer) and they sent me a much "softer" RSA under warranty, and the gun had no more issues.
Just saw I missed your post.

-Failure to feed on clean, oiled guns, even with multiple/diff mags and many brands of ammo.
-One had pretty sloppy tolerances. Lots of wiggle in the gun
-one wouldnt fire at all. Was a firing pin issue engaging. Required a new firing pin

This paragraph from the article jumps out at me.

"I’m not sure what it is about the Turkish economy that allows it to produce firearms with quality equal to that of German, Italian, and American-made firearms but at considerably lower prices. It’s not unions, as there are no unions in Turkey. Perhaps it’s fewer levels of management and lower marketing costs. I don’t know, but I’m glad it’s the way it is."

Why in the world would anyone link a product that is union made with lower prices ?

Thanks for the good read Anni,
Is also good about being aware of what all is available currently. On the Turkish guns quality? The tested SAR 9X's bent trigger issue may explain some of the lower pricing from at least that company? Possibly lower grade / quality of steel or plastic is being used? - If a fairly well protected trigger is unknowingly bent somehow and then is simply bent back by needle nose pliers as in article, what else is there to be concerned about? Good quality and durable materials matter, appearance is only part of good function and durability. Am seeing some lower quality materials used in other imports as well, like gauge, thickness or weight differences for example. Simple appearance or looks can be deceptive.

Back