testtest

The Best Pistol of All Time: The 1911

The 1911 is an excellent pistol
It is all about training and weight.

A .308 and .45 have great knockdown, but have a considerable increase in training and weight.

A 9mm and 5.56 can be used by kids = easier to train on time scale and less weight of ammo and firearm.

Military wants to trim the budget in time and weight.

The 1911 is an excellent pistol
It is all about training and weight.

A .308 and .45 have great knockdown, but have a considerable increase in training and weight.

A 9mm and 5.56 can be used by kids = easier to train on time scale and less weight of ammo and firearm.

Military wants to trim the budget in time and weight.
A 9mm can be used by kids= that makes a .45 a Mans gun.

I own several 1911 platform pistols and really like them. In reality though, I believe the .45 acp's rep as being massively more effective than the 9mm Parabellum stems from the time when both were used by the military in full metal jacket configuration. Now that hollow point technology has matured, the gap between the two has narrowed if not leveled out completely.

My favorite platform by far. As soon as I extend the gun I have perfect sight picture and it has been that way from the first time decades ago. I am extremely accurate and never had any real issues (knock wood). I am no longer snobby and a 1911 is a 1911 regardless of caliber (but there is something about that damn .45acp :) ). I have everything from custom 1911's to SA Garrisons. Safety has never been an issue for me since I always ride my thumb there, flick it down and go to work. Striker fire safeties are totally different for me as I find them very difficult to operate and see no point and only have 1 with a safety. IMO everyone should own a 1911 platform and enjoy a day at the range. My 13yr old grandson shoots the heck out of Garrison 9mm / EMPCCC on steel at the range. The one negative is my aging hip and lower back prefer toting the Hellcat or Shield plus. I have ordered me some El Paso tanker holsters to try and enjoyed the article. My nightstand gun is typically my 10mm with light attached and 1 extra mag.

Back