testtest

The Cafe

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomHero

Custom
Founding Member
Some of the best places to eat are off the beaten path. As there are many places to choose from, only the locals usually know about these hole in the wall places to get that not so healthy but tasty food. At my local gun ranges, they have Cafe's which actually make some delicious burgers and fried chicken. It's a win win. You can get a day at the range and a good meal all in one stop.
Any of you have a range that has an in house cafe? If so, what is there specialty?

Some of the best places to eat are off the beaten path. As there are many places to choose from, only the locals usually know about these hole in the wall places to get that not so healthy but tasty food. At my local gun ranges, they have Cafe's which actually make some delicious burgers and fried chicken. It's a win win. You can get a day at the range and a good meal all in one stop.
Any of you have a range that has an in house cafe? If so, what is there specialty?
Your very lucky, all the ranges around here the best you can hope for is a well stocked vending machine.

1581781428950.jpeg

My range food cart...........lol......but we do have indoor restrooms ...

Our range cafe consists of whatever you take with you.

I'm expecting anyday to see someone post that there was a terrible accident at their range.......and that being the valet parking attendant quit. 😉

Our semi-rustic setting works well for me. I'm not a fan of crowds, or a lot of commercialization when I'm trying to concentrate and relax. If an outing turns out to feel a trip to Disney I severely limit my visits.

Last edited:
I have two and a half ranges that have restaurants. First is called the double tap grill in Frogbones in Melbourne,Fl. The food is really good breakfast lunch and dinner. Kind of a guntryclub. The second is Top Gun in Daytona Double barrel grill. I haven’t eaten there yet but they say they have the best burger in town. The half is at Shooters World in Orlando. They have a small snack bar with smoothies and wine. This place is an amazing facility! Two stories of ranges (1 indoor 100 yard range!). With just about anything you could want to rent (even a 50 bmg Barrett).

I have two and a half ranges that have restaurants. First is called the double tap grill in Frogbones in Melbourne,Fl. The food is really good breakfast lunch and dinner. Kind of a guntryclub. The second is Top Gun in Daytona Double barrel grill. I haven’t eaten there yet but they say they have the best burger in town. The half is at Shooters World in Orlando. They have a small snack bar with smoothies and wine. This place is an amazing facility! Two stories of ranges (1 indoor 100 yard range!). With just about anything you could want to rent (even a 50 bmg Barrett).
Do they have any rules about wine and shooting? That would worry me.

My range is more of a club, we have rifle/handgun range, lake to go fishing, camping area, trap/skeet range that the NRA put in for us. We are limited to 100 members, $100.00 initiation fee, $50.00 a year after that, for me, I am retired and have 25 years that I belonged to this club, so I get an honorary membership which costs me nothing.

Last edited:
It worries me too. I am not much of a drinker so it never even is an option for me. I believe one of the places gives you a wristband if you have had a drink. I would be more worried about being pulled over and having alcohol breath with firearms in the car.
Alcohol and firearms are like electricity and water they shouldn’t ever be mixed.
During a camping trip last year In my home state I went to an outdoor range near the campground. I was all setup for a few hours of shooting. You could see the parking lot from range stations.
I happened to look before starting to shoot to see 3 young men on tailgate of a truck chugging beers. About 20 minutes later they were setting up next to my station. I packed up and left.

Alcohol and firearms are like electricity and water they shouldn’t ever be mixed.
During a camping trip last year In my home state I went to an outdoor range near the campground. I was all setup for a few hours of shooting. You could see the parking lot from range stations.
I happened to look before starting to shoot to see 3 young men on tailgate of a truck chugging beers. About 20 minutes later they were setting up next to my station. I packed up and left.
"...About 20 minutes later they were setting up next to my station. I packed up and left."

I would have done the same.

The range I belonged to many years ago had a kitchen that was known for it's breakfasts. Place was packed just for that on the weekends. The range I am at know doesn't have anything. It does have indoor bathrooms but everything else is minimal.

My range is more of a club, we have rifle/handgun range, lake to go fishing, camping area, trap/skeet range that the NRA put in for us. We are limited to 100 members, $100.00 initiation fee, $50.00 a year after that, for me, I am retired and have 25 years that I belonged to this club, so I get an honorary membership which costs me nothing.
So do they have a cafe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back