The CLONE WARS:

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member

SPRINGFIELD ARMORY SA-35 VS. EAA GIRSAN MCP35

Really, near clones....

SPRINGFIELD ARMORY SA-35 VS. EAA GIRSAN MCP35

1659809366794.png

I went to my favorite gun store asking about this gun the salesman sead that yes they had gotten one in then i sead let me see it he looked at me with a slight smile and sead you cant i bought it not funny

those Girsan guns, (made in Turkey @KillerFord1977 ), are really very good guns at that. i have the clone to the Beretta 92 FS, and i am impressed with the overall build and parts quality, like a REAL all metal trigger, rather than a plastic one on the Beretta, and a REAL metal guide rod, over a plastic one on the Bereta as well.

they make very good firearms.....the Turks.......and at lower costs to the consumer than the name brands...

if my SA 35 acts up and starts doing the crazy stuff like the previous serial numbered ones do...?
i'll send it back for repairs, then sell it and get a Girsan.

So you believe the Girsan is higher quality than the Beretta ?
the way i see it of late???,

maybe for what they offer as far as all metal parts, for the pricing.

why should Beretta make a gun, sell at a higher price and cheap out and use plastic parts?

it cost me something like (if i recall ) nearly $40 for an all metal guide rod/spring, and all steel trigger and spring kit.

why couldn't Beretta just stay all metal, like the older models..???

the beretta 92FS cost me like $650 + the $40 for the replacement parts

the girsan mc regard cost me like $450 all metal......

why $240 extra for the metal/plastic Beretta..????

paying for a name, that's why, and many of us do just that.

much like my wrench turning days....Snap-On, Mac, S&K, Proto, tools, over Craftsman....

i could have made do with the Craftsman, as i seen it long ago.

the way i see it of late???,

maybe for what they offer as far as all metal parts, for the pricing.

why should Beretta make a gun, sell at a higher price and cheap out and use plastic parts?

it cost me something like (if i recall ) nearly $40 for an all metal guide rod/spring, and all steel trigger and spring kit.

why couldn't Beretta just stay all metal, like the older models..???

the beretta 92FS cost me like $650 + the $40 for the replacement parts

the girsan mc regard cost me like $450 all metal......

why $240 extra for the metal/plastic Beretta..????

paying for a name, that's why, and many of us do just that.

much like my wrench turning days....Snap-On, Mac, S&K, Proto, tools, over Craftsman....

i could have made do with the Craftsman, as i seen it long ago.
I respectfully disagree. Having spent many years behind Craftsman tools before I started investing in Mac and Snap On it is my opinion that for a dude who occasionally changes an alternator or brake pads, yeah, Craftsman will do. So will Kobalt or Ridgid. But for a guy rebuilding a big block or a rear end or completely restoring a '66 GTO your life is going to be a lot easier with the right tools.

As for the plastic on Beretta's I can't really say since I have never handled one. I would guess weight has something to do with it, though I personally dislike plastic guide rods same as you. That said I have several 1000 rounds through my Walther Q5 Match with it's stock, plastic guide rod and I have no complaints. Nothing about that gun is cheaply made.

Horses for courses my friend, but I'll take a Beretta over a Turkish gun every single time. And don't get me started on Turkish shotguns. :)

those Girsan guns, (made in Turkey @KillerFord1977 ), are really very good guns at that. i have the clone to the Beretta 92 FS, and i am impressed with the overall build and parts quality, like a REAL all metal trigger, rather than a plastic one on the Beretta, and a REAL metal guide rod, over a plastic one on the Bereta as well.

they make very good firearms.....the Turks.......and at lower costs to the consumer than the name brands...

if my SA 35 acts up and starts doing the crazy stuff like the previous serial numbered ones do...?
i'll send it back for repairs, then sell it and get a Girsan.
I’ve heard that lots of parts on the SA35 come from Turkey 🤔🤔🧐🧐☹️☹️

I respectfully disagree. Having spent many years behind Craftsman tools before I started investing in Mac and Snap On it is my opinion that for a dude who occasionally changes an alternator or brake pads, yeah, Craftsman will do. So will Kobalt or Ridgid. But for a guy rebuilding a big block or a rear end or completely restoring a '66 GTO your life is going to be a lot easier with the right tools.

As for the plastic on Beretta's I can't really say since I have never handled one. I would guess weight has something to do with it, though I personally dislike plastic guide rods same as you. That said I have several 1000 rounds through my Walther Q5 Match with it's stock, plastic guide rod and I have no complaints. Nothing about that gun is cheaply made.

Horses for courses my friend, but I'll take a Beretta over a Turkish gun every single time. And don't get me started on Turkish shotguns. :)
i just started seeing Turkish shotguns at the local gun stores.

i don't know much about them, but then i have no interest in shotguns, only someday a Henry rifle.

i just started seeing Turkish shotguns at the local gun stores.

i don't know much about them, but then i have no interest in shotguns, only someday a Henry rifle.

I have an analogy I use for these kind of things. It's probably not something you would be familiar with unless you were a musician. @BassCliff certainly knows though. People buy Bugera clones of Ampeg amps and Behringer clones of Midas consoles and Indonesian made Squier licensed by Fender copies of Telecasters and then go on internet gear forums and tell everyone how their crap is just as good and how smart am I, I paid less than half what you paid for your overhyped SVT or Deluxe American J bass. These people would be better served to either save their money so they could actually experience greatness and not a "Reasonable facsimile" or at minimum just admit they can't afford the real thing and make do with an "Affordable" imitation. Pretending mediocrity is excellence because you can't or won't make the required sacrifice to have the real thing is only fooling yourself.

Now I am NOT saying this analogy necessarily applies to this specific gun. I can't say that because I have never experienced either version. And I do in fact have a few cheap imitations that I have no issues with. Most notably a Filipino made Charles Daly 1911 that for the life of me I can't find anything wrong with. Or the Brazilian made Llama Max II 13 round commander style 1911 that I can't find anything wrong with. I can say with certainty though that Turkish made shotguns are pieces of crap. If someone gave me a brand new one I would sell it and if that didn't work I would punish it severely in a succession of torture tests using ridiculous loads under ridiculous conditions for as long as it lasted before finally, mercifully putting itself out of it's misery.

How do we feel about Made in Mexico Strats?

I've never been a Strat guy, but my Tele is American made. By Mexicans in Corona California. Those guys have been making Fenders down there a long time and I think they got it down pretty good these days. The biggest difference between MIA and MIM is the hardware and the electronics. Good deals to be had if a guy was to buy a MIM Strat and swap out the pups, wiring and the bridge. Maybe the machine heads.

I've never been a Strat guy, but my Tele is American made. By Mexicans in Corona California. Those guys have been making Fenders down there a long time and I think they got it down pretty good these days. The biggest difference between MIA and MIM is the hardware and the electronics. Good deals to be had if a guy was to buy a MIM Strat and swap out the pups, wiring and the bridge. Maybe the machine heads.
I have a Mexican Strat with an EMG DG20 pickguard with active pickups. It doesn’t make me play any better, but one can always hope!

I have a Mexican Strat with an EMG DG20 pickguard with active pickups. It doesn’t make me play any better, but one can always hope!
People always say that but I look at it like this. If it's a guitar you love to play, it DOES make you play better because it makes you want to play it. My Telecaster makes me play better because I love playing it. It's a 2015 American Special with Callaham compensated brass saddles and Texas Special pickups. Great neck, great action and it's beautiful. I bought it when it was a year old and barely used for 7 beans. I have played Squier Vintage Modified Telecasters ( MIM) that were awesome guitars. Swap the bridge and the pickups and it's a fantastic guitar.

Back