testtest

The Colt Mk III Lawman: A Forgotten Revolver

When I was growing up, my uncle was a die-hard revolver fan. My dad, and most of the other dads in the neighborhood, had carried 1911's in the military and had switched to semi-autos for home defense. My uncle, and the few other dads in the neighborhood who preferred revolvers, all swore by Smith & Wesson. I don't know how I managed to miss it, but I was completely unaware of the Colt revolver offerings until my wife and I started watching The Walking Dead a few years back. They look like excellent revolvers and I would love to find a few on the used market. I've got some serious catching up to do.

When I was growing up, .................". I don't know how I managed to miss it, but I was completely unaware of the Colt revolver offerings until my wife and I started watching The Walking Dead a few years back. They look like excellent revolvers and I would love to find a few on the used market. I've got some serious catching up to do.
If you're referring to the Python that Rick carries on his left hip, you're in for a real surprise. A few Pythons of the day (then, not today's) are on the used market, but at about >4-5 times the original prices. Good luck. (y)(y)

If you're referring to the Python that Rick carries on his left hip, you're in for a real surprise. A few Pythons of the day (then, not today's) are on the used market, but at about >4-5 times the original prices. Good luck. (y)(y)

While I would never pass up a deal on a vintage Python, I'm actually more interested in the types of revolvers mentioned in this article. I figure that if I get the urge for one of the snake guns I'll try one of the new ones. Unfortunately, even the newer snake guns are priced out of my budget range right now.

I do love my '52 4" Official Police. Prior generation to the Mk III - the "expensive, hand-fitted" style - but she's still just as accurate as ever, even after all these years.

My LGS has a new generation King Cobra in stock - at least, they did a couple weeks ago. Different insides, but still a sexy wheel gun.

" .................. ". I figure that if I get the urge for one of the snake guns I'll try one of the new ones. Unfortunately, even the newer snake guns are priced out of my budget range right now. (My emphasis)
Ain't that the truth. I'm fortunate enough to have an early 80's original Python (just like Rick's) with all the provenance back to and including the original sales receipt, all in the original box. It sold for $420 in April of 1982. My heart probably couldn't stand to know the asking price today.

Back