testtest

The Coming Second Amendment Court Fight

Very good article about the Second Amendment and the future court fights that we all know will happen.

Thanks for posting an extremely good article Anni,
My opinion is it covers about 99% of why 2nd Amendment is important.

Of the 1% not? For example: To be honest with ALL supposed ex-criminals that have served their time as reparations/repentance for past injustices? If they are truly set free upon release, all their rights should also be reinstated as well. Why? Who's to say who needs more or less protection from the elements, wild beasts, intruders, invasion or other threats to themselves, loved ones, family, ones charged under their protection from harm?

Say for example, someone who commits a crime in this country, is set free from their incarceration, past criminal action to what? If they're now no longer able to carry or possess a firearm? If they live by themselves in their own home out in wilderness, woods or otherwise, just simply walking down a road, what's to protect them then? Mom's old frying pan, a kitchen knife, a tree branch? From an armed individual with a firearm, from a wild animal? So, since they can no longer carry firearms, does that also mean they should also be easy prey or fair game if they're supposedly free citizens too?

Yes, there's other scenarios and considerations too. That's what may make it so debatable? Say for instance, if an incarcerated individual is deemed eligible for release and to their supposed freedom, does that also mean they're less than actually free? Freedom light? For supposedly paying for their past injustices? If they're not able to fully realize complete freedom, then they're actually not set free at all are they? Just keep them locked up then? And then, incarcerated for what past crime or injustice? Does it make any difference if they're supposedly set free as US citizens?

That's just some of the 1% in my mind and thoughts, by no means all.

Also, of the 1% in my opinion from reading the 2nd Amendment, there's also mention of infringement, that there is to be none. That the laws meaning and spirit has been infringed upon by some of the very people who agreed to abide by our laws by running for election, are elected to government and charged to help protect it and our other laws. Instead, I see some misguided people in government doing their best to sidestep, purposely misinterpret and deviate from our country's basic laws and foundations for other reasons.

As far as what the 2nd Amendment means to me? Simply and diplomatically as able? Simply, The 2nd Amendment as written and in spirit should be legally applied and adhered to by our whole country and not up to debate by any states or others interpretation. After all, it is Our Whole Country's Constitution and Our Amendments. It is Our Country's Foundation.

Back