testtest

The Draw Stroke: How to Quickly Present the Pistol

Good article on what we all should practice in our training for ccw carry. I admit, I don’t often do this, but I am not to old yet to practice it more.

Thanks, Anni.

I like how the author doesn't focus on a numbered draw sequence, but instead describes the process as fluid actions that lead the reader from one step to the other.

Good article on what we all should practice in our training for ccw carry. I admit, I don’t often do this, but I am not to old yet to practice it more.

This is an important topic.

I also wish someone qualified would do an in depth article on holsters for concealed carry and the effect they have on speed of draw.

What we normally get are articles on kydex vs leather with both normally being GREAT. I think a speed test of on the belt, between the belt and pants, and inside the pants would wake a lot of people up. It would also be interesting to see unique carry methods like inside the shirt/under the armpit and thigh carry inside pants with Velcro access covered for speed.

Training? I and my wife practice a minimum of 100 draws every night using our unloaded carry guns. We also practice live draw and fire every time we go to the outdoor range at our gun club.

I also wish someone qualified would do an in depth article on holsters for concealed carry and the effect they have on speed of draw.

What we normally get are articles on kydex vs leather with both normally being GREAT. I think a speed test of on the belt, between the belt and pants, and inside the pants would wake a lot of people up. It would also be interesting to see unique carry methods like inside the shirt/under the armpit and thigh carry inside pants with Velcro access covered for speed.

Training? I and my wife practice a minimum of 100 draws every night using our unloaded carry guns. We also practice live draw and fire every time we go to the outdoor range at our gun club.
Speed is relative.
Ask Mr Miyagi with his chopsticks.

my 1 second may be someone else's 4 seconds. The subject is sooo broad on scope of skill of the individual and dexterity.

oh, your 100 draws a night practice ... you should work on the “between the belt and pants” instead 😉

1619658448279.gif

I’ve done a lot of training in the past drawing under the armpit. I used to carry that way at work. First with a belly band holster pulled up high and tight and then I bought several deep concealment t-shirts that work very well. It’s certainly a compromise carrying under your arm pit and under a button up shirt, but you can get respectable draw times with practice.

I switched to Crossbreed Mini Tucks ( IWB) and I like that a lot better

I’ve done a lot of training in the past drawing under the armpit. I used to carry that way at work. First with a belly band holster pulled up high and tight and then I bought several deep concealment t-shirts that work very well. It’s certainly a compromise carrying under your arm pit and under a button up shirt, but you can get respectable draw times with practice.

I switched to Crossbreed Mini Tucks ( IWB) and I like that a lot better

One guy I know wife changed out all of his buttons for snaps and sewed the buttons on over the snaps to conceal them. His wife must like him a lot. :)

One guy I know wife changed out all of his buttons for snaps and sewed the buttons on over the snaps to conceal them. His wife must like him a lot. :)
Many western style shirts come with snaps for fasteners already. Button down shirts can also be retrofitted with velcro with button hole sewn shut and buttons applied. Heard they're all spousal approved too. ...A little genie told me? :)

Good article Anni, thanks for posting!
One slight drawback though? "You should also practice re-holstering. There is no need for speed at this point." Generally speaking, no and mostly agree. Thing is, sometimes there may be? Say handgun jambs and need backup weapon instead? Or, needs change and need rifle instead? Need to retreat and drive or get away quickly? So, yes there may be a need for speed in reholstering too? Flip flopping around reholstering for 5 minutes is too much! Thankfully and generally speaking, speed also comes with repetition of most things?

Back