testtest

THE EDC KNIFE

Just bought this.

Sweet, You are going to like it, that's a decent price on it too. I love mine so much i had to buy a second when i thought the first got lost. I use Sentry Tuff Glide dry lube for them once a month.

20221119_161528.jpg

Benchmade Griptilian is my EDC 60% of the time and is the best utility folder I’ve ever had.
Microtech Troodon half serrated takes up the other 40% of EDC duties. Because you need a FOID card with a background check to have an automatic out the front knife they’re not allowed in parks, schools etc in the communist state of Illinois I don’t carry it as much.
Microtech Ultratech gets carried once in a while, I don’t like it nearly as much as the Troodon.
SOG Flash 2 tanto that I’ve had for 10 years and is my work knife that gets used and abused daily.

Attachments

• IMG_4228.jpeg
    IMG_4228.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 92
Benchmade Griptilian is my EDC 60% of the time and is the best utility folder I’ve ever had.
Microtech Troodon half serrated takes up the other 40% of EDC duties. Because you need a FOID card with a background check to have an automatic out the front knife they’re not allowed in parks, schools etc in the communist state of Illinois I don’t carry it as much.
Microtech Ultratech gets carried once in a while, I don’t like it nearly as much as the Troodon.
SOG Flash 2 tanto that I’ve had for 10 years and is my work knife that gets used and abused daily.
You have to have the FOID card to own any switchblade knife in Illinois. There are also many towns that you can't have more than a 3" blade legally since we don't have full preemption in the law.

I posted this because there are many people who don't know this.

You have to have the FOID card to own any switchblade knife in Illinois. There are also many towns that you can't have more than a 3" blade legally since we don't have full preemption in the law.

I've had good luck ordering from grindworx.com once they have your Il FOID card on file. You can't order on line, use 1-888-425-6433 number instead. Usually they are the cheapest price.

Most cops don’t even know that they’re legal with a FOID. I have friends and family that are LEO’s and more than a few told me I could be arrested until I showed them the law. Now I have the statute saved to the notes in my phone just in case.

Technically I think they were illegal in Missouri until 2012, but even though I have been buying them from flea markets since I was about 12 years old and carrying them and so has almost everyone I know, I have never heard of anyone being arrested or having one taken away from them by the cops.

Technically I think they were illegal in Missouri until 2012, but even though I have been buying them from flea markets since I was about 12 years old and carrying them and so has almost everyone I know, I have never heard of anyone being arrested or having one taken away from them by the cops.
Michigan was a very similar situation. Illegal until a short time ago but plenty carried them. The only way you ever heard of someone getting in trouble was when the police wanted a charge to get you on to get you off the streets.

What always got me was the fact that the assisted opening knives were legal as soon as they came out but the auto knives weren't. The only difference was that the assisted knives sprang open after a very minute movement of the blade verses pushing a button.

Just never made any sense to me. One of many ways the tyrants of Illinois keep their boots on our necks. :mad:

Did yours come razor sharp out of the box ? I'm not really equipped to sharpen M390.
Yes it was sharpened right out of the box, I did not have to touch it up, it was quite good for a factory knife.

Look into the Worksharp system, a friend just got one and he has been getting some impressive results on it.

Yes it was sharpened right out of the box, I did not have to touch it up, it was quite good for a factory knife.

Look into the Worksharp system, a friend just got one and he has been getting some impressive results on it.
I will. I think I need ceramic or diamond stones for M390.

I will. I think I need ceramic or diamond stones for M390.

Should get good results with a belt aander system I would think. Never made a knife using m390. Lasky makes a diamond hone set, I have and use it, works well, especially on flat grinds which I prefer. Spyderco makes a fairly cheap set of crock stick triangulation stones.

For general touch up of the edge try the bevel on you car window for an ad-hoc crick system.

Should get good results with a belt aander system I would think. Never made a knife using m390. Lasky makes a diamond hone set, I have and use it, works well, especially on flat grinds which I prefer. Spyderco makes a fairly cheap set of crock stick triangulation stones.

For general touch up of the edge try the bevel on you car window for an ad-hoc crick system.
M390 is what they call a "Super Steel". It holds an edge really well, but it is hard to sharpen. They say best results with ceramic or diamond. I looked at the Spyderco, but I have never used any "Systems", just stones. I was thinking a fine or ultra fine ceramic or diamond stone and just keeping up with it. That's why I asked if it came "Shave sharp" out of the box. I can keep it in shape with a strop or a steel. At least until I figure out what to invest in for sharpening. I could always send it to the mother ship for sharpening and cleaning/maintenance too. They charge $20. I can buy a good diamond stone for about $75-$100 though.

I have an inexpensive SOG pocket clip folder that I carry mostly for opening the mail or cleaning under my finger nails. No knife fighting skills whatsoever. My go to field knife is my Buck 110 Folding Hunter, given me for Christmas by my wife some 30 years ago. I love that knife.

Back