testtest

The Gas or E-85 Prices Where You Live?

I had a 2012 Dodge Journey that got towed to the repair shop or dealer 6 times due to issues where it would not run or start. Had a friend that worked for Chrysler- Dodge corporate and tried to support him. Never again. Went to a Toyota.

I had a 2012 Dodge Journey that got towed to the repair shop or dealer 6 times due to issues where it would not run or start. Had a friend that worked for Chrysler- Dodge corporate and tried to support him. Never again. Went to a Toyota.

I've pretty much had excellent luck with every vehicle I ever owned. Except that '83 Honda Civic. Which without going too far into detail let me just say that I limped it at 30 MPH about 25 miles from my home in South St. Louis out to the Riverport Amphitheater in Maryland Heights to see a Yes concert in the early 90s and then just left it on the parking lot and hitch hiked home. I've had Dodge, Chevy and Ford trucks and every one of them were good, solid trucks.

My wife is a Toyota Avalon fan. I've bought her 4 in a row now. She trades them in every couple years. Meanwhile I have been driving the same old beat up Dodge Ram for 15 years. And I'll still blow by you like you're standing still. :cool:

I'm a diesel pickup truck guy, so I don't really pay attention to gasoline prices. But we do have a few stations around here that also sell ethanol free gas. That's all I put in my mower and weed eater. The wife does fill up with it in her car when it is convenient for her to stop at those few stations that have it. She did the research, and found out she gets much better mileage with the ethanol free gas, and the math added up to a better deal in the long run. Now for the Dodge thing. All my experience is with diesel pickups. If you are looking for a "luxury truck", then get a Ford or Chevy. If you want a diesel that is strong and will last, go with a Dodge Cummins. 6 months ago I traded in my old 2006 diesel Ram with almost 300,000 on it for my 2020 2500 diesel Ram. And before I had the 2006, I had a 2003 diesel Ram, but that was totaled in an accident in 2006. There are million mile Cummins Diesel clubs out there, but you don't hear much about million mile Powerstokes or Duramax clubs. Kits are sold to swap a Cummins into Fords and Chevys, but you don't see too many people swapping a Powerstroke or a Duramax into something else. Just saying. Oh, and at one time the ex-wife and I owned a 2008 Dodge SRT8 Charger, which she kept in the divorce, but that car was fast!

I'm a diesel pickup truck guy, so I don't really pay attention to gasoline prices. But we do have a few stations around here that also sell ethanol free gas. That's all I put in my mower and weed eater. The wife does fill up with it in her car when it is convenient for her to stop at those few stations that have it. She did the research, and found out she gets much better mileage with the ethanol free gas, and the math added up to a better deal in the long run. Now for the Dodge thing. All my experience is with diesel pickups. If you are looking for a "luxury truck", then get a Ford or Chevy. If you want a diesel that is strong and will last, go with a Dodge Cummins. 6 months ago I traded in my old 2006 diesel Ram with almost 300,000 on it for my 2020 2500 diesel Ram. And before I had the 2006, I had a 2003 diesel Ram, but that was totaled in an accident in 2006. There are million mile Cummins Diesel clubs out there, but you don't hear much about million mile Powerstokes or Duramax clubs. Kits are sold to swap a Cummins into Fords and Chevys, but you don't see too many people swapping a Powerstroke or a Duramax into something else. Just saying. Oh, and at one time the ex-wife and I owned a 2008 Dodge SRT8 Charger, which she kept in the divorce, but that car was fast!

I prefer Diesel as well. I had a '96 F-350 with the 7.3 Powerstroke and a 6 speed manual tranny. My favorite truck ever. It had a quarter million miles on it when I smashed it by rolling it 3 times. The motor was still purring like a kitten when I was pulled out of the now upside down truck. That truck had serious power.

I do have respect for the old Ford 7.3 diesel. That was a fine engine, and Ford really screwed the pooch when they did away with it.

You got that right. Frankly the reason why I don't have a diesel now is because that's the only one I want. And finding a '95-'97 250 or 350 with a Powerstroke and manual transmission in decent shape with less than 300k miles for a decent price has proven to be pretty difficult.

Back