testtest

The guns of my childhood

Man, those are some big F'ing rabbits! The gun I remember most from my childhood, aside from the Stevens bolt action .410 (which I still have), was the Thompson that Vic Morrow carried on the "Combat" TV show. The .50 cal on the jeep was pretty cool, too.

Never had any of that "Agent Zero" stuff, but I DID have a buttload of cool toy guns. Quite a few were made by Marx.

I still collect cool old toy guns, mainly realistic full-size ones.
Here's my 1911s and P.38s.

1710627773582.jpeg

1710627829382.jpeg

Man, those are some big F'ing rabbits! The gun I remember most from my childhood, aside from the Stevens bolt action .410 (which I still have), was the Thompson that Vic Morrow carried on the "Combat" TV show. The .50 cal on the jeep was pretty cool, too.
Snowshoe rabbits. About 15-20lbs
There is a grouse my brother is holding as well. Gives you size reference

Had a plastic m1 around the "Combat" time. Had the Daisy lever bb gun. Multiple shiny plastic revolvers. Many of these went caput in short order. We also bought starter pistols at the surplus store with a crapload of blanks. We would pretend shootouts with those in front of the post office and freak some customers out. Those weren't made for repeated firing in large quantities and didn't hold up. Probably zinc frames.
My first real gun was a Marlin .22 with a tubular magazine and peep sight. Someone had refinished it in a subpar manner, but it was great fun.

Had the toy Man from UNCLE pistol/convert to a carbine. I got pretty good concealing all the components and putting it together quickly.

View attachment 54177
Hate to break the news, but there was never a toy UNCLE gun like that back in the day (although many have been made in the years since by adult Gun Nerds). That pic is a clever fake. Here's what the real Ideal Toy UNCLE gun looked like (and that's why it never interested me, though I did become a P.38 fan to this day).

Notice that on the toy box, Robert Vaughn's not holding a P.38, it's a very early prototype that seems to be based on something like a Mauser 1914 in .32.

1710640448124.png

Last edited:
Hate to break the news, but there was never a toy UNCLE gun like that back in the day (although many have been made in the years since by adult Gun Nerds). That pic is a clever fake. Here's what the real Ideal Toy UNCLE gun looked like (and that's why it never interested me, though I did become a P.38 fan to this day).

View attachment 54201
Wait … what !!!

How can you have a magazine clip 😱😱😱😱
“Exclusive” it says !!!

Notice that on the toy box, Robert Vaughn's not holding a P.38, it's a very early prototype that seems to be based on something like a Mauser 1914 in .32.

View attachment 54201
I don't know about this one because mine never fired caps. Also, the scope was like the picture I posted originally. Anyway, they are all fakes of Hollywood fakes but I thought it was still cool.

Back