testtest

The Hellcat, Again...

With my HC, I use Winchester white box 115 for range, and Hornady Critical Defense 115 for carry.

Only 250 white box rounds and 50 Hornady through the HC however zero issues so far ...

I have 5 different Springfields and maybe 2 times ejection issues in last 2000 rounds with white box, and zero issues with Hornady with about 200 rounds ...

My grip on the HC and all guns is on the lighter to medium side and kinda relaxed.

Since I am not there when you and your son are shooting it, I am still going to say it’s the Winchester ammo, especially if it’s the white box type. I have had nothing but bad results with that ammo, I may be wrong here, just my opinion. I would also try a different weight of bullet to. My S&W Shield is real funny with certain weight of ammo I am using, it likes the heavier bullet weight then the 115gr. Hope you get it figured out.
@Annihilator...
So I finally had the opportunity to try your suggestion of using a higher grain. AND...one of the range instructors actually shot my Hellcat.
1. Apparently Jaimi the Hellcat IS picky about her ammo. The 124 worked a lot better. All the casings ejected off to the right. There were a couple that did ricochet off the stall wall...but i didnt feel like i was in danger.
2. The range dude, shot it with the 115 gr and sure enough he got hit. He started flinching...and was like um...No. He examined the gun. Switched the ammo back to the 124 gr and every single one ejected off to the right.
3. Overall HE loved it. He was like awwww man this feels so good in my hands. The U-notch is so cool. He just kept saying i really like the way the gun feels. He said it shoots really well...just don't use the 115 in it.
Im back in love with my Hellcat. Still pissed at Springfield for the vague response. They were frankly useless. So, 4 Springfield Armory weapons...well thats enough.

Back