testtest

The Leather Holster Thread

lexol conditioner, if you do it right you never need the cleaner
just rub in the lexol and work it into the leather
then bag the pistol and let it do its stretch

vacuum bagging helps as well to form fit
Powerboatr just finished trying your remedy for relaxing leather in my Galco holster. Worked in the lexol conditioner, bagged pistol with plastic bag & vacuum bagged it. Happy to say it worked. Thanks for your tips.

Powerboatr just finished trying your remedy for relaxing leather in my Galco holster. Worked in the lexol conditioner, bagged pistol with plastic bag & vacuum bagged it. Happy to say it worked. Thanks for your tips.
For really tight leather holsters I would take wax paper, wrap my pistol then shove it in the holster and leave it for a few days. I can't take credit for that, it was given to me by an old holster maker.

I purchased a Mitch Rosen holster for my P226 and took it for a test drive yesterday. I am carrying OWB concealed for the first time, and still experimenting with placement (e.g., 2:30, 3:00, 3:30, 4:00). The weird thing was, I kept feeling like everyone could see the grip printing against my cover garment. I am sure that is not the case.

The holster is very well made and carries very comfortably.

View attachment 48988
I ink most folks will feel that way initially. If you know it’s covered well, don’t worry about it. Most people today are so distracted by their phone they’d not notice if you were open carrying a Desert Eagle if the color was close to the color of your clothes🙄

For really tight leather holsters I would take wax paper, wrap my pistol then shove it in the holster and leave it for a few days. I can't take credit for that, it was given to me by an old holster maker.
I did this with my Galco for my P229 and it made the break-in flawless.

Now, if only there were a good AIWB rig in leather?

Does anyone have recommendations for a custom leather holster maker?

Back