testtest

The Lever Action Bazooka

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
The M25 Bazooka was designed to help increase the Army’s anti-tank capabilities. The original Bazooka utilized 2.36-inch rockets, and the Army wanted something bigger. They moved to 3.5-inch rockets with the M20 Super Bazooka. Alongside the M20, they developed the M25 as a magazine-fed, lever-action repeating rocket launcher.

1708206278641.png
1708206401586.png

Interesting weapon and I had not heard of it until now. But back in the day I'd stick with the 90mm recoilless rifle.
Did you ever carry one? My 1st unit still and them and we humped those SOBS all over hell. The handle is right at the balance point, so it was whacking you in the back of the head or jammed in your spine with EVERY BLEEPING STEP, or you listed to one side like the Titanic. I don't think the Army had any ammo for them but we had em so we lugged em.:mad: On the bright side we had M3 Grease guns and those are a hoot to shoot. Wooo Hooo we're having fun now.

Did you ever carry one? My 1st unit still and them and we humped those SOBS all over hell. The handle is right at the balance point, so it was whacking you in the back of the head or jammed in your spine with EVERY BLEEPING STEP, or you listed to one side like the Titanic. I don't think the Army had any ammo for them but we had em so we lugged em.:mad: On the bright side we had M3 Grease guns and those are a hoot to shoot. Wooo Hooo we're having fun now.
Yes, carried and fired at Ft. Lewis.

Yes, carried and fired at Ft. Lewis.
If you can't see Mt. Rainier, it's going to rain. If you can see Mt. Rainier, it just might rain anyway.
Yup Lewis is where I hauled that miserable thing, and YTC. I'm betting Lewis has an armory of Brown Bess muskets confiscated at Yorktown, and Enfield's from Appomattox. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
1708264611639.png
the sugar cookie.

If you can't see Mt. Rainier, it's going to rain. If you can see Mt. Rainier, it just might rain anyway.
Yup Lewis is where I hauled that miserable thing. I'm betting Lewis has an armory of Brown Bess muskets confiscated at Yorktown, and Enfield's from Appomattox. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 52623 the sugar cookie.
I would rather carry the 90mm than a Dragon ATGM even though the Dragon has a higher hit probability. But given the terrain like at Lewis, it's probably a wash. To me, the Dragon was more cumbersome and longer to set up, but it had a similar weight to the 90. I suppose the M3 Carl Gustav is a good compromise being lighter than both and looks to be more man portable though I don't have any experience with it.

the Dragon
Oh ya another fine anti tank weapon. Don't use in trees, heavy bush, over powerlines or water. We had em in the ROK. Everything is power lines, trees of rice paddies. o_O JMHO the PRC77 was the best Infantryman's anti-tank weapon. "hello, this is me, we got tanks at X rain down everything you got. We'll sit back, have a smoke, and then waltz over and count the pieces."(y)

I would rather carry the 90mm than a Dragon ATGM even though the Dragon has a higher hit probability. But given the terrain like at Lewis, it's probably a wash. To me, the Dragon was more cumbersome and longer to set up, but it had a similar weight to the 90. I suppose the M3 Carl Gustav is a good compromise being lighter than both and looks to be more man portable though I don't have any experience with it.
As demonstrated in Ukraine, Javelin for the win.

1708301648438.png
1708301813653.png

Last edited:
Back