testtest

The Liberal Gun Club

benstt

Professional
Founding Member
I just learned there's a gun club for liberals who appreciate 2A, sorta like me! How have I not heard of them before? I haven't read through their stuff yet but apparently there are chapters in most states and thousands of members. This makes me happy :)

Sounds dangerous, segregation builds resentment. The mix of all types is what I have enjoyed, much like the forum. We need to appreciate differences and respect one another. When we lose that it becomes tolerance, and the results are what we have been seeing in society. We may have legally abolished slavery. However, we freely embrace it when it comes to discriminating by trying to prove our selves different or better than others. By holding others in lower regard we enslave ourselves to irrational ideals that only cause further division.

Just a thunk...

Regardless, I find it interesting. I wonder what kind of subcultures will develop from the concept.

Last edited:
I'm always happy to see a group of people who enjoy 2A. I know of some people lefties who would otherwise join clubs but feel unwelcome because of their views on other, non-2A matters. Anything that gets people shooting is good. Plus, I think other Dems are probably more likely to listen to pro-2A information from people that share some of their other views. I'm going to have to check these people out.

I want everyone who appreciates guns to be part of the family, regardless of politics. I had a brief and mediocre career as a pro MMA fighter when I was a younger man. The main draw of the sport was that fighters from every background developed a bond simply because we loved the sport. MMA was among the first sports to have champions of all nationalities, races, religions, genders, and sexual identities, but this was never publicized because absolutely none of the fighters cared enough to point it out. All fighters, no matter how much we disagreed on any political or social issue, could grab a beer together after an event without any problems because we all had a deeply held respect for each other. I would love for the 2A community to get to that point.

I agree - splitting off based on "identity" is a major part of our problems today. We're not "xxx-Americans"...we're Americans. Period. Focus on the commonality, not on the differences. Y'know..."melting pot" and all that...

I know of some people lefties who would otherwise join clubs but feel unwelcome because of their views on other, non-2A matters.

Have they tried? In my experience, conservatives are the ones who are less likely to discriminate based on "identity politics", and more likely to simply welcome new people to the group. If you're there to shoot...shoot. Leave the rest at the door.

I'm willing to bet if they tried, and didn't make a point of talking about "right" and "left", and simply went there to shoot...they'd have fun. And, they'd realize they don't need to splinter off because of "identity".

I don't care for labels, I am a human and I have varying tastes and reactions. I may be liberal in giving but conservative in passing judgements. We need to careful not to espouse views simply because they fall under some title or group. This is what concerns me most. In our quest for ease we fail to think for ourselves. To me this is the foundation on which firearm ownership is built. It is easy to vilify and ostracize those that think differently but with firearms one must think and take responsability for their actions perhaps this is why so many 'liberally minded' people dont care for them? The fact is that this perspective is nullified when they try to force others to comply to their wishes. Take for example evolution. The strong survive and procreate, yet some of these same people are philanthropist that try to help those less fortunate. Should they not let them die as they are clearly not as developed?
I think the issue is we are too well off for our own good. We dont have to fight off the elements just to eat (perhaps the occasional Karen). It is easy to criticize from our comfort and easy lives not realizing the way we compound others misery in our attempts placate our often misguided desires based on equally misguided perspective of reality.

I want everyone who appreciates guns to be part of the family, regardless of politics. I had a brief and mediocre career as a pro MMA fighter when I was a younger man. The main draw of the sport was that fighters from every background developed a bond simply because we loved the sport. MMA was among the first sports to have champions of all nationalities, races, religions, genders, and sexual identities, but this was never publicized because absolutely none of the fighters cared enough to point it out. All fighters, no matter how much we disagreed on any political or social issue, could grab a beer together after an event without any problems because we all had a deeply held respect for each other. I would love for the 2A community to get to that point.
I had the same experience with fighting sports and shooting sports. Ive never felt out of place at the range or a gun store. That said, when I tried to introduce my ex to shooting she was nervous the whole time because of the people in trump shirts. I'm not saying she was right and no one have her any crap, but she would have taken to it a lot easier if the person next to her was wearing a Hillary shirt. That's just the world we're in now. So, if there is a group of lefties who can make people who might otherwise be scared of shooting or anti-2A more into the hobby then I'm all about joining and spreading the word. The more people that open their minds the better. I wish as you do that politics didnt come into it, but they do for a lot of people. Anyway, I look at this as an opportunity for bringing people into the fold. That's all I'm going for here.

Last edited:
Is it high school all over again?

Essentially, yes. Voluntary social interactions during adulthood are very similar to high school. While most adults are capable of working and doing business with individuals who hold different viewpoints, the majority of people choose to join social groups composed of people similar to themselves. Most people are hesitant to join any group where they would be considered an outsider. To quote Bowling for Soup, "High School Never Ends".

the site is Reddit / gun politics
I'm not a Dim but I go there just to keep up with the gun politics and they were crying like a bunch of little four year-old girls the other day . Someone posted to everyone there that ' they got what they voted for " , and everybody attacked that guy like he was the devil

This isn't a thread about picking sides. It's about a way of connecting with and bringing in other "dims" as someone put it (I dont know if that was intended to be childish and rude or if it was a typo) who are otherwise averse to guns.

This isn't a thread about picking sides. It's about a way of connecting with and bringing in other "dims" as someone put it (I dont know if that was intended to be childish and rude or if it was a typo) who are otherwise averse to guns.

I'm not sure that we will have to pick sides based on political views. Any group of gun owners is bound to figure out pretty quickly that the media and academia seem have an equal disdain for all civilian gun owners, regardless of their political affiliation. If it hasn't happened already, the only "sides" will very soon be gun owners and everyone else.

I can talk guns with any firearm enthusiast, regardless of who they love, marry, vote for, or worship. I think this is true for most people who enjoy firearms. On some occasions, I can even civilly discuss guns with Philadelphia Eagles fans and people who put pineapple on pizza.

I'm not sure that we will have to pick sides based on political views. Any group of gun owners is bound to figure out pretty quickly that the media and academia seem have an equal disdain for all civilian gun owners, regardless of their political affiliation. If it hasn't happened already, the only "sides" will very soon be gun owners and everyone else.

I can talk guns with any firearm enthusiast, regardless of who they love, marry, vote for, or worship. I think this is true for most people who enjoy firearms. On some occasions, I can even civilly discuss guns with Philadelphia Eagles fans and people who put pineapple on pizza.
Oh I can talk guns with anyone. Eagles fans, though, that's a tough one. They were very uncool to Vikings fans at the NFC Championship.

I just learned there's a gun club for liberals who appreciate 2A, sorta like me! How have I not heard of them before? I haven't read through their stuff yet but apparently there are chapters in most states and thousands of members. This makes me happy :)
"I just learned there's a gun club for liberals who appreciate 2A..."

🤔 Are there secret handshakes and decoder rings involved? :)

Liberal or Conservative I would probably fall into each category but I do love guns and shooting. Started hunting around 12 and haven't stopped. It will take all people to maintain and keep our firearm rights. Glad you found a club :)

Back