testtest

The Liberal Gun Club

There are also gay and lesbian 2A/ gun groups. I’m all for it. Guns are an issue that politicians use on purpose to divide us. Along with race, abortion, religion, etc.

Personally everyone I know thinks I’m pretty far right, but I’m not sure why. It’s true I’m pretty conservative on foreign policy, illegal immigration, fiscal policy and anything that gives certain groups special rights or privileges or protections that the rest of us don’t get. But I am pretty center or even left on a lot of domestic issues like abortion ( as long as I don’t have to pay for yours its between you and your god) drugs(soft), gay marriage, etc.

Basically I think domestically the government should stay out of our way and our lives for the most part. And if something isn’t hurting anyone else it shouldn’t be anyone else’s business. I also think the government is easily 2/3 bigger than it needs to be, federal income tax and a lot of other taxes should be abolished. Politicians should be paid the national average wage and should be limited to 8 years. If they’re caught taking money from anyone or profiting from their office financially they should be charged with treason.

I have liberal friends and I have gay friends. I know a homosexual couple and the one guy is so far right he makes me look like a liberal.

Anyway, someone needs to talk some gun sense into the heads of most liberals. And it should probably be other liberals. Give ‘em hell Benstt.

There are also gay and lesbian 2A/ gun groups. I’m all for it. Guns are an issue that politicians use on purpose to divide us. Along with race, abortion, religion, etc.

Personally everyone I know thinks I’m pretty far right, but I’m not sure why. It’s true I’m pretty conservative on foreign policy, illegal immigration, fiscal policy and anything that gives certain groups special rights or privileges or protections that the rest of us don’t get. But I am pretty center or even left on a lot of domestic issues like abortion ( as long as I don’t have to pay for yours its between you and your god) drugs(soft), gay marriage, etc.

Basically I think domestically the government should stay out of our way and our lives for the most part. And if something isn’t hurting anyone else it shouldn’t be anyone else’s business. I also think the government is easily 2/3 bigger than it needs to be, federal income tax and a lot of other taxes should be abolished. Politicians should be paid the national average wage and should be limited to 8 years. If they’re caught taking money from anyone or profiting from their office financially they should be charged with treason.

I have liberal friends and I have gay friends. I know a homosexual couple and the one guy is so far right he makes me look like a liberal.

Anyway, someone needs to talk some gun sense into the heads of most liberals. And it should probably be other liberals. Give ‘em hell Benstt.

Pretty much see the world as you. I tend to be "conservative" in a legal, fiscal, foreign policy, small government type of way but will view many social items in a more "liberal" view. I am very happy with my views since I developed them on my own without the help of social media, opinion commentators/networks, and of course (internet forums ;)).

I shoot in two groups each week...sporting clays one day and a pistol league the other. We always have one or two MAGA hats. However, in reality, other than a quick quip on our governors lock down actions, most of the conversation is about what type of new gun you have, how you could have possibly missed THAT target and how good the food is someone brought. I literally thought, the other night on the way to pistol league, "at least I don't have to talk politics tonight".....oh yea...and "where did you get primers?"

I shoot in two groups each week...sporting clays one day and a pistol league the other. We always have one or two MAGA hats. However, in reality, other than a quick quip on our governors lock down actions, most of the conversation is about what type of new gun you have, how you could have possibly missed THAT target and how good the food is someone brought. I literally thought, the other night on the way to pistol league, "at least I don't have to talk politics tonight".....oh yea...and "where did you get primers?"
I agree. I'm in two different gun clubs and I regularly go to an indoor range in Minneapolis. Sure there's plenty of MAGA wear but I've never had a problem with anyone from any of my clubs or ranges but it never comes up. We all just enjoy the hobby. I can see how it'd be intimidating to a new shooter, though, if they're a liberal and don't know anything about going to the range. I'm all about making it more comfortable for newbies. Hopefully they join our ranks.

it'd be intimidating to a new shooter, though, if they're a liberal

I'd suggest to ANYone - liberal or conservative - to get their information from somewhere OTHER than the mainstream news outlets. As we here all know...they paint a very biased, and generally incorrect, picture of who "the conservative American" really is. I'm not saying that to try and change anyone's politics...only as a suggestion to get a more objective view of reality.

I think the large majority of forums (not this one) provide a wall for people to hide behind and talk smack without having to look anyone in the eye, but in the process everyone gets offended at one time or another. I have found that when I mix face-to-face with other shooters that even when divisive conversations come up there is generally an attempt to be understanding of the other person’s point of view. And when that doesn’t happen I whip out my Archon Type B and the conversation changes to “Oohh, what is that?” Nothing like a niche gun to bring everybody together!

Back