testtest

The Long and the Short of It: Ronin vs. EMP

I got out yesterday with the Ronin and my Kimber Stainless II 10mm to do some sight adjustments. Both guns functioned flawlessly. That was not the case with the Kimber when I first took it out. It had to go back to the factory for some warranty work but no problems now. Sights adjusted and shooting for accuracy, the Ronin was clearly more accurate. I'm disappointed in the Kimber, as other Kimbers I have were flawless out of the box as well as very accurate. Maybe the stories of Kimber's quality control are true. I don't know. The Ronin on the other hand is everything I expect from a pistol. I'm looking forward to finding a 10mm.

I got out yesterday with the Ronin and my Kimber Stainless II 10mm to do some sight adjustments. Both guns functioned flawlessly. That was not the case with the Kimber when I first took it out. It had to go back to the factory for some warranty work but no problems now. Sights adjusted and shooting for accuracy, the Ronin was clearly more accurate. I'm disappointed in the Kimber, as other Kimbers I have were flawless out of the box as well as very accurate. Maybe the stories of Kimber's quality control are true. I don't know. The Ronin on the other hand is everything I expect from a pistol. I'm looking forward to finding a 10mm.
I have the Kimber Rapide in 10mm. It's a beautiful well built gun that runs flawlessly now. But it had to go back, the trigger would not re-set on its own right out of the box. I could pull it forward between each round and keep firing. They replaced a bunch of internal parts. Then the Black coating they put on the barrel started coming off the feed ramp, preventing the next round from going into battery. I scraped the rest of the coating off the feed ramp with a stick i found on the ground at the range, and it has ran 100% ever since.

The Rapide, and my SR1911. Love them both.. You know how it is when the 1911 thing gets you...lol. I need the RONIN..

Attachments

• 20210405_001110.jpg
    20210405_001110.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 168
I was coming off an off road trip into Enterprise Utah and spied a local hardware store. I went in just because I like hardware stores, and the rural ones have more interesting things. There sat the Ronin in a small display case. The employee told me it had just come in, and I bought it.
As luck would have it, I was in a local gunshop just browsing to see what they had in stock. There in the case was a 4.25 Ronin 45ACP priced at $795, brand new. I was shocked to see one below retail, but I didn't ask too many questions before getting out the credit card. Like the 5 inch, it is accurate and works flawlessly. I've got 1000 rounds of 230gr fmj coming tomorrow so I'm going to put them both to an extended trial.

As luck would have it, I was in a local gunshop just browsing to see what they had in stock. There in the case was a 4.25 Ronin 45ACP priced at $795, brand new. I was shocked to see one below retail, but I didn't ask too many questions before getting out the credit card. Like the 5 inch, it is accurate and works flawlessly. I've got 1000 rounds of 230gr fmj coming tomorrow so I'm going to put them both to an extended trial.
Good for you congratulations on you new friend

I ordered a 10mm Ronin in January from a local dealer. In March/April it was still not in, and I found one under the glass at another dealer and bought it on the spot. Went back to the original dealer to see about getting my deposit back and ended up buying another pistol they had in stock...no problems. Beautiful 10mm...after about 400 rounds it has been FTF free (had 5-6 stove pipes and one FTF during break-in). Expecting to hit 2k rounds shortly, gonna run the OEM spring until it starts FTF again, although 2k is the number I've heard when replacing the recoil spring is necessary...comments to that welcome. No experience with EMP....sorry...

Today I took both Ronins out and ran 100 rounds each through them. The ammo used was 230gr FMJ from LAX ammumition. No issues with either pistol or the ammo. The only comment I can provide is that the ammo was very dirty. I don't know what powder they use in their reloads, but it was dirty; still, no failures at all.

Back