testtest

The MCP35 PI – A Baby Hi-Power

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
Girsan is delivering a new model of the MCP35 PI, aka the Private Investigator or Detective’s Hi-Power. This takes the Hi-Power and trims it into a compact package. It’s trimmed some weight, thinned things out, and delivered a solid little pistol design

The MCP35 PI – A Detective’s Hi-Power

0116231147b-696x522.jpg

BTW - None of the video reports from the Shot Show I've seen where someone interviewed SA had any mention of the SA-35.

This gun has my attention. Guns from Turkish companies aren't usually high on my list, but they move up a lot when they are the only ones producing a type/model that interests me. I may very well buy a PI (if the price is right).

Then talk yourself into it. Go ahead.
There in lies the rub. I must first determine if indeed I am going to make 9mm a permanent part, currently own one, of my handgun choices. After paring down to a couple handgun calibers, two if i lump 357/38 into one broad catagory, not sure I really should jump into another completely. Already added one to make it three.

I love the concept. Cylinder & Slide makes a custom version of this type of HP, called the Pathfinder, I believe. They are a wonderful feeling firearm but way out of my price range, I think they start around $4000 or so

I like the concept of a compact BHP, but $630 is more than I paid for the SA35. I know that almost no guns ever sell for full msrp, but I'm not sure the Girsan will make it into my "Turkish Clone" price range. I have no problem paying a fair price for quality guns. Even though I have actually been happy with almost every Turkish handgun I've owned, I cannot bring myself to pay the same price for a clone than I would for an original. For instance, no matter how good the Tisas 1911's are, I'm never going to pay as much for one as I would for a Springfield or Colt 1911. My limit for the for the PI would probably be in the $400 range.

In this economy, my entire pricing scheme may become irrelevant before the PI even hits the market. If Bidenflation continues at the current pace, Hi-Points may have $500 price tags before the end of the year.

Girsan is delivering a new model of the MCP35 PI, aka the Private Investigator or Detective’s Hi-Power. This takes the Hi-Power and trims it into a compact package. It’s trimmed some weight, thinned things out, and delivered a solid little pistol design

The MCP35 PI – A Detective’s Hi-Power

0116231147b-696x522.jpg

BTW - None of the video reports from the Shot Show I've seen where someone interviewed SA had any mention of the SA-35.
I always wanted to get my hands on an Argentine Detective High Power model. They seemed like a good firearm to have.

Back