testtest

The Model 1903 National Match Rifle: A Peerless Precision Shooter

Nine years ago I had the great pleasure of cleaning an 03A3 of it's Cosmoline. My oldest sister's husband passed away in 2010. He didn't believe in gun safes so he had firearms stashed all over the place . Hid out in the house , garage , and outbuildings.

One of the firearms was the 03A3 that was stashed in the attic of the garage. My sister had asked me to help her find the guns and then to clean them if needed. :rolleyes: I spent a full day cleaning them after we were fairly certain we had found all of them.

She told me I could have any 1 of the guns I wanted for helping her. I chose the rifle. I took it home , stripped it down , and got all the Cosmoline off of and out of the rifle. However the longer I thought about it the more I knew I couldn't keep this fine rifle. The reason , because I have COPD and am on oxygen 24/7 and can't walk very far. I knew by the time I walked 100 yards , set up a target and then walked back I would be done in. So I took it back to her and she then gave it to her oldest daughter. Someone who will never know what she has. :(

I am thankful for being given the chance to take one of these fine rifles apart and seeing how they were made.

Back