testtest

The more you read the crazier it gets

Guess they watched to many episodes of RoadKill………

1687473301417.jpeg

Last edited:
I am on first name basis with all the folks at my Lowes
i was a driver for my local store, but the pay sucked, and i never got a full day's worth of work of delivering, and unless i wanted to work the cash register, or be a floor salesperson at a reduced hourly rate from the driving pay.

then they screamed at you if you went as little as 10 minutes over your shift........i kid you not.

pfftt....

and at the local store i go to, maybe 3 people are still there, from when i was in 2005

there is a huge turn-over of people there. no time to bother to getting to know them, they are gone in short time, other than the ones i have known, you know, the real dependable workers..???

oh yeah @HayesGreener

i was there, waiting for my load papers when the cashier at the contractors register got chewed out, from the day before that she put in 15 minutes over time.

she told the 2 managers that there wasn't any other register open, and there was a long line.

BOTH managers said, "we don't care, shut down you register, and clock out ON TIME..!!!"

she said,
"but the people waiting"?

"SHUT DOWN and clock out at your end of shift"!!

yet, a few days later in the local sports section of the paper..??

Lowe's spent (back in 2005 dollars) $ 60 MILLION DOLLARS, for NASCAR sponsorship!!!

and there they were screaming at what like, $12.00 on Over time, to a widowed worker....????

glad i quit that farce of an employer, i'll just buy things that i need.

i was a driver for my local store, but the pay sucked, and i never got a full day's worth of work of delivering, and unless i wanted to work the cash register, or be a floor salesperson at a reduced hourly rate from the driving pay.

then they screamed at you if you went as little as 10 minutes over your shift........i kid you not.

pfftt....

and at the local store i go to, maybe 3 people are still there, from when i was in 2005

there is a huge turn-over of people there. no time to bother to getting to know them, they are gone in short time, other than the ones i have known, you know, the real dependable workers..???
I’m so tired of hearing you entitled
Millennials complain about their jobs! 😇

oh yeah @HayesGreener

i was there, waiting for my load papers when the cashier at the contractors register got chewed out, from the day before that she put in 15 minutes over time.

she told the 2 managers that there wasn't any other register open, and there was a long line.

BOTH managers said, "we don't care, shut down you register, and clock out ON TIME..!!!"

she said,
"but the people waiting"?

"SHUT DOWN and clock out at your end of shift"!!

yet, a few days later in the local sports section of the paper..??

Lowe's spent (back in 2005 dollars) $ 60 MILLION DOLLARS, for NASCAR sponsorship!!!

and there they were screaming at what like, $12.00 on Over time, to a widowed worker....????

glad i quit that farce of an employer, i'll just buy things that i need.
When I got out of the Marine Corps in 1979 I went to work in a warehouse in Houston. I tried to work hard and lay low. The warehouse foreman was a bully and he was always threatening people. He was a big guy and he seemed to try to use his size to intimidate people.

One day he decided he'd pick on me. I tried to be nice and walk away but he wanted to fight. Once he put his hands on me my martial arts and boxing training took over. I didn't him very much, but I did hit him pretty hard. He dropped. I quit. Warehouse called me and said they fired the foreman and that I was welcome to come back and even apply for the warehouse foreman position. I politely declined.

I have never liked getting into fights on the street or at work. I've always enjoyed Boxing and Kickboxing training. I still train basic Boxing and Kickboxing combinations. (I did 130 kicks yesterday in preparation for my 65th birthday in a week. 2 x 65...:) I might try doing 195 kicks in a couple of days...:))

If this is true, theres gotta be some liability somewhere. The hits just keep rolling in. But, the CEO who most likely carried the most blame is gone.

I have seen enough death scenes to be convinced that some folks just have a death wish. And then there is Darwin's theory......

i had 2 great interactions with lowes the past 7 days
delivered ON TIME and one they put the stuff in my truck with out me having to lift a finger
SURPRISED i was
wife got a new laundry machine and i didnt have to go get it...and its certified for 5000k feet elevation :love:

Attachments

• 20230626_161243.jpg
    20230626_161243.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 41
Back