testtest

The Ongoing Battle at the NRA to Get Rid of WLP

I supported the NRA as a dues-paying member for years. It was hard for me not to renew my membership when it expired in March, but I cannot support the organization as long as WLP is in any sort of leadership role. I would come running back if WLP were removed.

I know that I am not the only former member who feels this way. It should not take a lawsuit to remove a leader who has lost the trust of so many gun owners. If a lawsuit is the only thing that will convince the NRA leadership to get rid of WLP, then the organization may be too far gone to save.

I supported the NRA as a dues-paying member for years. It was hard for me not to renew my membership when it expired in March, but I cannot support the organization as long as WLP is in any sort of leadership role. I would come running back if WLP were removed.

I know that I am not the only former member who feels this way. It should not take a lawsuit to remove a leader who has lost the trust of so many gun owners. If a lawsuit is the only thing that will convince the NRA leadership to get rid of WLP, then the organization may be too far gone to save.
We all better hope not.
I agree WLP needs to go. Throwing out the baby with the bath water is a terrible idea. And one that will have far reaching consequences.

I too was a paying member until it was alleged that there was criminal activity going on at the top. I heard on GunTalk that some of the board members welcome a pulling back of the curtain to see what is truly going on at the NRA. Change is good, and the members deserve executives and a board that has the members best interest at heart.

With the widely known NRA controversy going on and for reasons why, am surprised WLP hasn't either stepped down or been replaced by NRA board by now for the good of the whole NRA and it's purpose. Not thinking anyone at NRA can be that deaf?
I realize the power of this comparison and am not implying the evil associated with it, only the power of a cult of personality. The NRA, with its politburo style configuration, is being controlled by a megalomaniac who managed to change his delusion into a reality. He will never let go. He can’t. And he has, I believe from the beginning, shaped his reign to instill himself AS the NRA. There is no discernible difference any more.

With the widely known NRA controversy going on and for reasons why, am surprised WLP hasn't either stepped down or been replaced by NRA board by now for the good of the whole NRA and it's purpose. Not thinking anyone at NRA can be that deaf?
This puzzles me too. If the allegations are true, fall on your sword for the sake of the organization. The board may be unable or unwilling to do so. Who knows, he might have something on the rest of them that we don't know about.

I think the court case is a good thing to root out corruption, if any. I believe the organization if left standing will be stronger afterwards. We need a strong NRA.

If someone had written a movie script about how to attack the NRA and get rid of it (as so many in the press have and are advocating), they would probably have scripted it exactly as it has unfolded in real life. After all, there were calls in the media to kill the NRA a couple years ago that were unrelenting. It appears they have been successful.

It is easy to cancel our memberships and let the NRA go by the wayside and maybe that would be for the best. I am as guilty as anyone in just blindly paying my dues over the past many, many years, and being "fat, dumb and happy" about the NRA, thinking that it would not be possible to do away with an organization that has so well represented gun owners, the Second Amendment, shooting sports, firearms training and all the many things the NRA has done and done pretty well. Just like many folks do in electing our local, state and federal representatives, I failed to keep myself informed about the goings on at the NRA and how the elected Board was being subservient to the executives. I think a l of us share in this neglect. There are folks who are trying and trying hard to reform the NRA and they need our help. We can jump ship and fragment ourselves into a bunch of other organizations, but that won't fix anything. I feel sorry for my grandkids.

I too chose not to renew my NRA membership, which expired this month, and am only contributing to the GOA for the moment. I still take action when I see an NRA-ILA alert relating to legislation, but I've not been happy with the NRA since the fiasco surrounding the departure of Lt. Col. Oliver North. I was excited about the possibilities with him at the helm, and then he basically lost his role with the NRA due to WLP resisting any investigation of WLP's financial improprieties. WLP had that board wrapped up tightly in his control, and still does apparently.

I am a life member and working on the easy pay endowment level of the NRA. I want to see W LP gone as much as the rest of you . With that said , I will not turn my back on the NRA because they still do a lot of good . They also still do a lot of toe stomping when it comes to fighting bad gun bills.

Just my $. 02

W. LP. is not the only one who needs to go but he would be a great start.

I still renewed my membership, but just for a year, usually I do the 5 year thing, not this time, want to do lifetime, but I am still waiting to see what’s going to happen if anything. I stopped sending donations when all this hit the fan, but I will support them with my membership dues yet.

I realize the power of this comparison and am not implying the evil associated with it, only the power of a cult of personality. The NRA, with its politburo style configuration, is being controlled by a megalomaniac who managed to change his delusion into a reality. He will never let go. He can’t. And he has, I believe from the beginning, shaped his reign to instill himself AS the NRA. There is no discernible difference any more.

Am thinking you may be onto something there OkiePewPew:

From what have heard and read about him and his actions, that could be the case? Absolute power can absolutely corrupt most anyone not mentally prepared to lead for the actual good of all people involved? No matter original intent, which may have been a good one by the way, he may have fallen into an unforeseen by him egotistical power trap? Possibly goaded on by others around him? Wouldn't be the 1st time for leaders, likely not the last, if he's that gullible and naive?

Good included read by the way!!!! (y)(y)

Back