testtest

The Problem with Gun Violence

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
I think we can all agree that we’re no closer to a real solution to gun violence than we were this time last year, or the year before that, or the previous twenty. We’ve tried nothing and nothing’s worked.

1711395785495.png

The biggest problem with gun violence is that as an inanimate object it is impossible for a gun to be violent. It is a made up term used to vilify the firearm and make confiscation/disarming more palatable to the general masses, by shifting blame to an object from the people who perform the violence. Do they call it knife violence, baseball bat violence, drunken car accident?

It's people you got to watch out for. If we can make people responsible rather than thier tools perhaps we can actually do something about the rises in violence as a whole.

End of rant and just one mans opinion.

the problem with "gun violence" is the lack of the lawmakers in each state, to enact laws for the judges to give stiffer sentences, lack-luster DA's to pursue the criminals in the first place, and to "plea deals", instead of slamming the criminals heads against a brick wall, and for the legal gun owners to suffer from all of that.

There's a million gun laws on the books.
Like there is for every crime.
Murder doesn't require a gun, has huge penalties for doing such regardless of method, but yet we have murders daily.
Judges / LEO have to have the ability to enforce the laws on the books. Not with light sentences.

When the illegal immigrant walked free several weeks ago from beating on the police, he gave everyone the middle finger. shows exactly how criminals feel for the US justice system. It's become a feel good joke.

Hi,

I'm not going to say anything that hasn't been said before but I'm going to say it anyway.

We need to do away with meaningless terms like "gun violence" and "assault rifle". Instead use real, truthful terms like "murder", "armed robbery", or even "gun crime". Perhaps "There was a shooting..." instead of "Gun violence erupted at...".

Laws on the books need to be enforced and sentences need to be the maximum if a gun was used in a crime. These criminals need to be taken off the street for a long time, no parole, no plea, no time off for good behavior. Make the person responsible, not the tool used in the crime.

I think that would work in NYC just as well as Greensboro. Even it it's not a "deterrent", get the bad guys off the street for a long, long time so they can't do any more damage. How many times have we heard about perps being released with no bail and committing violent crimes before their court date? It's maddening.

OK, I've done my "Captain Obvious" so I'll shut up on this subject. Thanks for putting up with me. ;)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

It’s not the gun. It’s the crazy people. 12-year old stabbed a lady in her garage in texas yesterday, a 16-year old got her head bashed into the pavement 2 weeks ago in missouri, subway riders get pushed from platforms as trains come into the staion in nyc, and the list goes on and on. None of those heinous things involve a gun. Just crazy people with no regard for life.
Ps- kamala is a butthead.

The biggest problem with gun violence is that as an inanimate object it is impossible for a gun to be violent. It is a made up term used to vilify the firearm and make confiscation/disarming more palatable to the general masses, by shifting blame to an object from the people who perform the violence. Do they call it knife violence, baseball bat violence, drunken car accident?

It's people you got to watch out for. If we can make people responsible rather than thier tools perhaps we can actually do something about the rises in violence as a whole.

End of rant and just one mans opinion.
AGREE!!!

Kamala said she’s going to fix it with yet another White House bureaucratic office we get to all pay for whose job it is to help states who allow them to implement Red Flag laws. So no worries lads. Problem solved.
Sure she is ... after all she did such a great job as 'Border Czar' even finding the root causes for all the migration and illegal border crossings.

Bless her heart! :rolleyes::D

There's a million gun laws on the books.
Like there is for every crime.
Murder doesn't require a gun, has huge penalties for doing such regardless of method, but yet we have murders daily.
Judges / LEO have to have the ability to enforce the laws on the books. Not with light sentences.

When the illegal immigrant walked free several weeks ago from beating on the police, he gave everyone the middle finger. shows exactly how criminals feel for the US justice system. It's become a feel good joke.
Agree!!!

Violence is Violence.
What we have is a culture that does Not understand or appreciate the value of human life.
While this is undoubtedly true, there's also the fact that much of our society (culture) does not understand or appreciate that there is a consequence for 'not understanding or appreciating the value of human life'. Why you ask, do they not understand or appreciate those consequences ... because our lame, left leaning, legal system does not impose any consequences. Penalties for violating laws are only effective and deter future violations if/when they are routinely and judiciously applied.

Two terms used by the anti 2A left only to inflame their supporters and scare the average citizens that don't know better:
1. "Gun violence". Which we all know by its proper term, CRIME!
2. "Assault Weapon". Which we all know refers to a select fire full auto, 3 round burst, and semiautomatic weapon, used primarily by the military, law enforcement, and not related, other than similar appearance, to the semi-auto "Modern Sporting Rifle" that is legally owned and operated by millions of abiding gun owners for sporting purposes and. should a serious threat arise, legal self defense. Those referred to in the first sentence of this post, please take note! BTW, I don't own a Modern Sporting Rifle, having shot a few belonging to friends and relatives, as I have no desire for one but will defend the Constitutional Right for any law abiding citizen to enjoy theirs.

Back