testtest

The Problem with Gun Violence

Youth today is the problem for a lot of these issues. This is what happens when parents take no interest in their children and let them do whatever without any consequences. They are not taught respect. Until they are it will only get worse. Honestly if a teenager was putting my life in jeopardy I would have no issues in taking them out, sorry i'm not dying from the hands of a punk.

Youth today is the problem for a lot of these issues. This is what happens when parents take no interest in their children and let them do whatever without any consequences. They are not taught respect. Until they are it will only get worse. Honestly if a teenager was putting my life in jeopardy I would have no issues in taking them out, sorry i'm not dying from the hands of a punk.
We could be even more specific, but I won't.

Some thoughts on this. It is a complete degradation of society. We have large segments of society that kids grow up without fathers, they are just a bunch of kids who earn their mothers more benefits. Parenting has gone to the wayside, so little guidance.

I can only speak for myself and my family, but we feel like the government has allowed special interest groups to run roughshod over the rest of society, and they have taken God out of everything in this country. What ever happened to treat others like you want to be treated.

As it has been for centuries
If folks were kind, there would not have been any wars, crime or need for prisons.
Never in history has that been the case
I meant to post this
Earlier.
The title sums it up.

A Culture That Celebrates Dismembering Children In The Womb Can’t Understand Why It’s Afflicted With Mass Shootings​

I meant to post this
Earlier.
The title sums it up.

A Culture That Celebrates Dismembering Children In The Womb Can’t Understand Why It’s Afflicted With Mass Shootings​

Get ready 4 a far right leaner - “teach kids they come from animals, don’t be stunned when they act like animals. “ Gangs ‘tagging’ or spray painting gang graffiti is the same as my dog peeing on mailboxes - hey, this is my turf cuz I was here, see that/smell that ? Yeah I was HERE & I own this !! - only one example of animal likeness ..
Another more polarizing example: hump everything you can- so what if I have many offspring w/ many other “partners”, willing or not, as long as I got what I wanted (sex), that’s alllllll that counts to me, the center of the universe.

Selfish, animal behavior from the highest offices in our country, all the way down to … any of us. Uh oh. Making people accountable is never gonna be popular but it is very necessary to make real change. How should we do that ?? I think that’s what laws are supposed to do ….. when we enforce them. (He’s gone too far !! Get out the tar & feathers !! Brand him a radical !! He’s being divisive!! Get him !! )
Had to be ‘that guy’ for a couple paragraphs. Hope I irritated a few cuz that means you still have a shred of a guilty conscience & a chance for ear greasing ! Huh ?? For easier removal of one’s brain casing from one’s .. you know.

Today’s diatribe was brought to you by … the letter F. Fully sick of the victim mentality & the ‘it’s not my fault I make bad decisions ’ mindset …. Aaah, actually, it is - try choosing NOT to be harmfully selfish to others for starters & go from there. ( That was way more than my 2 cents, but … )

The biggest problem with gun violence is that as an inanimate object it is impossible for a gun to be violent. It is a made up term used to vilify the firearm and make confiscation/disarming more palatable to the general masses, by shifting blame to an object from the people who perform the violence. Do they call it knife violence, baseball bat violence, drunken car accident?

It's people you got to watch out for. If we can make people responsible rather than thier tools perhaps we can actually do something about the rises in violence as a whole.

End of rant and just one mans opinion.

One of the firearms organizations that I subscribe to mentioned that the term "gun violence" was 17% more positively viewed than the term "gun control" among those polled, so the gun grabbers switched over to that. The end goal is the same. My usual post would be that there is only "Criminal Use of Firearms" because "gun violence" is a red herring as would be the term "Spoon & Fork Obesity."

Even the Brady "Handgun Control, Inc" renamed itself to the "Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence" and then the "Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence" for public relations purposes.

Hi,

I'm not going to say anything that hasn't been said before but I'm going to say it anyway.

We need to do away with meaningless terms like "gun violence" and "assault rifle". Instead use real, truthful terms like "murder", "armed robbery", or even "gun crime". Perhaps "There was a shooting..." instead of "Gun violence erupted at...".

Laws on the books need to be enforced and sentences need to be the maximum if a gun was used in a crime. These criminals need to be taken off the street for a long time, no parole, no plea, no time off for good behavior. Make the person responsible, not the tool used in the crime.

I think that would work in NYC just as well as Greensboro. Even it it's not a "deterrent", get the bad guys off the street for a long, long time so they can't do any more damage. How many times have we heard about perps being released with no bail and committing violent crimes before their court date? It's maddening.

OK, I've done my "Captain Obvious" so I'll shut up on this subject. Thanks for putting up with me. ;)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
A certain party & the media gins-up and uses those terms to rile things up to try to push an agenda.

Goes way back to the switch-blade/Saturday Night Special Days.

The biggest problem with gun violence is that as an inanimate object it is impossible for a gun to be violent. It is a made up term used to vilify the firearm and make confiscation/disarming more palatable to the general masses, by shifting blame to an object from the people who perform the violence. Do they call it knife violence, baseball bat violence, drunken car accident?

It's people you got to watch out for. If we can make people responsible rather than thier tools perhaps we can actually do something about the rises in violence as a whole.

End of rant and just one mans opinion.
Yea, if you look a huge percentage of the violence comes from scumbags who are regulat customers of the judicial system. The mere possession of a firearm or ammo by a felon is supposed to send them down the river for a long time under Federal law (but we don’t do that ‘cause you’d no doubt be guilty of discriminating against these two legged animals). We’ll put down a rabid dog that has no say in why it’s dangerous, but we’ll turn two legged ones who consciously choose violence loose with a slap on the wrist to repeat their predations. And then our “leaders” wonder way crime continues🙄

Yea, if you look a huge percentage of the violence comes from scumbags who are regulat customers of the judicial system. The mere possession of a firearm or ammo by a felon is supposed to send them down the river for a long time under Federal law (but we don’t do that ‘cause you’d no doubt be guilty of discriminating against these two legged animals). We’ll put down a rabid dog that has no say in why it’s dangerous, but we’ll turn two legged ones who consciously choose violence loose with a slap on the wrist to repeat their predations. And then our “leaders” wonder way crime continues🙄
Not so sure "our “leaders” wonder way crime continues", I'm pretty sure the majority of them fully understand the why ... I'm guessing they have 'ulterior' motives for keeping it that way that we can't even conceive of! I dunno' maybe jus' me!

Nobody parses terms more than 2A zealots. And then it's inevitably used to claim self superiority. Here's another: mass slaughter in an elementary school class.

Anyone would be foolish to believe that someone who's child was murdered would be boning up on gun terms and taking your side. Just sayin'.

Before the NRA turned into an organizational mass shooter, gun enthusiasts worked hand in hand with others to increase public safety. Where we are now is a direct result of our refusal to play nice.

Nobody parses terms more than 2A zealots. And then it's inevitably used to claim self superiority. Here's another: mass slaughter in an elementary school class.

Anyone would be foolish to believe that someone who's child was murdered would be boning up on gun terms and taking your side. Just sayin'.

Before the NRA turned into an organizational mass shooter, gun enthusiasts worked hand in hand with others to increase public safety. Where we are now is a direct result of our refusal to play nice.
Really ?

Mr schmidt, with all due respect, apparently you are not aware the NRA is still the single largest trainer of gun safety and responsibility of any organization in the country doing that type of training. Even though I'm retired now, in my time since the mid 1970's, I personally have trained/instructed thousands, probably 10's of 1,000's in safe and responsible firearm handling. I still associate with many, many practicing firearm safety instructors till today all certified by the NRA.

And Mr schmidt, whatever induced you to call the NRA "an organizational mass shooter" has shown you sir to leave a lot to be desired in your ideology, and one in which I would disagree vehemently. The NRA as an organization has never, to the very best of my knowledge been a mass shooter nor done anything to cause you or anyone else to believe they are, or taken part in a mass shooting, or instigated a mass shooting, or condoned a mass shooting, or in any other way been involved in any mass shooting.

And I can't/don't believe there are any/many parents as you offered "who's child was murdered would be boning up on gun terms and taking your (pro gun) side." Of course they would not be on the pro gun side ... or at least not very many. And of those who are not, it would certainly be understandable. But even then, a small number of those so affected still recognize it's not the gun, but the criminal misusing it. For crying out loud why would you even think such a thing, much less say it.

While I'll agree there are some pro 2nd folks who do go overboard in some instances of trying to educate these folks on proper firearm terminology, it's primarily because so many anti 2nd folks insist on using the incorrect terminology. Going back to the days of the "Saturday night special". Remember when no such gun even existed ... ever? Of course you do, but so many others and the MSM talked and acted as if they were a very menacing brand of firearm. The term itself lended toward a scary implement. And how about the term "Assault weapon" when referring to the AR platform. I'm sure you know the AR's are no more assault weapons than was the 'Saturday night special'. No military anywhere on earth has ever issued an AR15 as a battle or service rifle. And not even the ATF&E's own definition defines them as such. They are however simply the most prolific modern sporting rifle in existence today with some averages thought to be more than 24 million in the hands of law abiding citizens. Or what about the term "Ghost gun"? Another scary term the MSM takes much pleasure in using to implicate the pro 2nd folks. When I'll bet you are aware that what they're calling a "Ghost gun" is nothing more than a gun that was home built by a home builder, whether from a kit or from total scratch. It's simply a firearm with no manufacturer's serial number. Home built guns have been legal since before the country was formed. It's only been the recent years with the increase in total crime that 'ghost guns' are showing up in these increased crime numbers. Now, while I agree the lack of a serial number on a firearm can hinder the investigation of a crime wherein it's used, the increase of them being used in crimes has been commensurate with the increase in crime in general and not because of the lack of serial numbers. And something you may not know is that serial numbers on most firearms only became an ATF&E requirement since 1968 ... it's not been forever.

These are the types of terminology I suspect you're talking about when you say: "Nobody parses terms more than 2A zealots. And then it's inevitably used to claim self superiority." None of this is help me feel any superiority over you or anyone else, simply to set the record straight. I do think they are sometimes used when an effort to correct conversation which is ongoing, but ongoing incorrectly, albeit maybe not as tactfully as they should be. And in some cases it may even be used to claim superiority, but without it the 3 terms I've identified above would become 30, then 300, then 3,000 incorrect terms. Now even as much as I disagree with most of what you wrote above, I've been and will remain respectful of you and your ideology. Please know that I am opposed to criminal misuse of or with a firearm as any human can be. I'm also just as ardent a supporter of the 2nd amendment to the constitution and believe it means exactly what it says. Unfortunately your ideology will prevent you from accepting the 2nd as it was intended, but until and unless you do I will still remain respectful. I expect others to show the same respect to me. Regards, jj.

And yet, here you are, bless your heart.

Mr schmidt, with all due respect, apparently you are not aware the NRA is still the single largest trainer of gun safety and responsibility of any organization in the country doing that type of training. Even though I'm retired now, in my time since the mid 1970's, I personally have trained/instructed thousands, probably 10's of 1,000's in safe and responsible firearm handling. I still associate with many, many practicing firearm safety instructors till today all certified by the NRA.

And Mr schmidt, whatever induced you to call the NRA "an organizational mass shooter" has shown you sir to leave a lot to be desired in your ideology, and one in which I would disagree vehemently. The NRA as an organization has never, to the very best of my knowledge been a mass shooter nor done anything to cause you or anyone else to believe they are, or taken part in a mass shooting, or instigated a mass shooting, or condoned a mass shooting, or in any other way been involved in any mass shooting.

And I can't/don't believe there are any/many parents as you offered "who's child was murdered would be boning up on gun terms and taking your (pro gun) side." Of course they would not be on the pro gun side ... or at least not very many. And of those who are not, it would certainly be understandable. But even then, a small number of those so affected still recognize it's not the gun, but the criminal misusing it. For crying out loud why would you even think such a thing, much less say it.

While I'll agree there are some pro 2nd folks who do go overboard in some instances of trying to educate these folks on proper firearm terminology, it's primarily because so many anti 2nd folks insist on using the incorrect terminology. Going back to the days of the "Saturday night special". Remember when no such gun even existed ... ever? Of course you do, but so many others and the MSM talked and acted as if they were a very menacing brand of firearm. The term itself lended toward a scary implement. And how about the term "Assault weapon" when referring to the AR platform. I'm sure you know the AR's are no more assault weapons than was the 'Saturday night special'. No military anywhere on earth has ever issued an AR15 as a battle or service rifle. And not even the ATF&E's own definition defines them as such. They are however simply the most prolific modern sporting rifle in existence today with some averages thought to be more than 24 million in the hands of law abiding citizens. Or what about the term "Ghost gun"? Another scary term the MSM takes much pleasure in using to implicate the pro 2nd folks. When I'll bet you are aware that what they're calling a "Ghost gun" is nothing more than a gun that was home built by a home builder, whether from a kit or from total scratch. It's simply a firearm with no manufacturer's serial number. Home built guns have been legal since before the country was formed. It's only been the recent years with the increase in total crime that 'ghost guns' are showing up in these increased crime numbers. Now, while I agree the lack of a serial number on a firearm can hinder the investigation of a crime wherein it's used, the increase of them being used in crimes has been commensurate with the increase in crime in general and not because of the lack of serial numbers. And something you may not know is that serial numbers on most firearms only became an ATF&E requirement since 1968 ... it's not been forever.

These are the types of terminology I suspect you're talking about when you say: "Nobody parses terms more than 2A zealots. And then it's inevitably used to claim self superiority." None of this is help me feel any superiority over you or anyone else, simply to set the record straight. I do think they are sometimes used when an effort to correct conversation which is ongoing, but ongoing incorrectly, albeit maybe not as tactfully as they should be. And in some cases it may even be used to claim superiority, but without it the 3 terms I've identified above would become 30, then 300, then 3,000 incorrect terms. Now even as much as I disagree with most of what you wrote above, I've been and will remain respectful of you and your ideology. Please know that I am opposed to criminal misuse of or with a firearm as any human can be. I'm also just as ardent a supporter of the 2nd amendment to the constitution and believe it means exactly what it says. Unfortunately your ideology will prevent you from accepting the 2nd as it was intended, but until and unless you do I will still remain respectful. I expect others to show the same respect to me. Regards, jj.
Interesting reaction. But it was long. I did appreciate that you could appreciate some of my points.

BTW, I shot on the NRA Headquarters (as it was called then) junior rifle team, Pinwheel JRC, from the time I was 13 or 14. I know a good bit more about the evolution of the NRA than you might guess.

Not many gun owners talk crap like that. you sound very anti gun and anti 2A

Attachments

• Bless-your-Heart-Meme.jpg
    Bless-your-Heart-Meme.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 20
Back