testtest

The Pros And Cons Of Concealing A Snub-Nose

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
Good article on carrying a small frame revolver for CCW. The pros and cons of concealing a snub nose. I carried a original Ruger LCR for a few years with no trouble, but just 5 rounds and a spare speed loader with an extra 5 rounds was ok for the time.

For a lot of years I only carried Revolvers. Always in pairs and always with a reload for each. I never could find a semi auto that I couldn’t live without. I tried a few and always went back to the Revolvers. Lately I have Been trying Two semi autos I inherited. A Springfield XDM 3.8 and a Shield 9. Both in 9mm. After some Range time I like both and have worked them into a carry rotation. After all these years I found something that fits me and I can shoot well. The J-Frame will always be in my pocket but, now I have a little more on the waist.

Still have the Taurus 38 snubbie I inherited from my grandmother. I don’t really carry it often but have used it occasionally for carry. I have found that the grips are typically too small and uncomfortable for me. Mine now has oversized grips on it, but it tends to print more as a result. It will never be sold but is unlikely to replace my xds for edc anytime soon.

Still have the Taurus 38 snubbie I inherited from my grandmother. I don’t really carry it often but have used it occasionally for carry. I have found that the grips are typically too small and uncomfortable for me. Mine now has oversized grips on it, but it tends to print more as a result. It will never be sold but is unlikely to replace my xds for edc anytime soon.
Always keep Grandmas Gun. You may never carry it but, you should keep it.

Good article on carrying a small frame revolver for CCW. The pros and cons of concealing a snub nose. I carried a original Ruger LCR for a few years with no trouble, but just 5 rounds and a spare speed loader with an extra 5 rounds was ok for the time.

Very good article on carrying revolvers, when I’m done getting the Galco ready to carry my Optic installed XDM Compact 10mm I want to work on finding a decent (comfortable) ankle rig for my Taurus 605M
I have a belt holster for it that holds it concealed very well but is cloth and collapses after drawing the gun and requires to be removed to re-holster, something I’m not comfortable with.
I see the Taurus as a cross draw backup on my belt or on my leg when wearing jeans and semi auto on my belt is not practical.
I’m also searching for a double mag holder that will work for both my XD Mod2 40 and XDM 10mm mags the magazines for those two guns are the extended ones that have the sleeve,
Here’s the rub, I want the mag holder to cover 95% of the stainless steel of the magazines with basically just the sleeve showing.

I used to only carry revolvers and still carry a Ruger Vaquero 5.5 44 Mag in the woods and while hunting. About the only time I carry a j frame these days is when wearing a tie with a DeSantis pocket holster and a performance center 642. Other wise my 365X is just about the best CC piece ever devised by man.

Back