testtest

The right Rings for a Waypoint 2020

Looking to purschase a 6.5 PRC and was looking to get a Leupold VX-6HD 3X18X50 and not sure what size (low, Med, High) rings I should get. Any suggestiions would be great

Looking to purschase a 6.5 PRC and was looking to get a Leupold VX-6HD 3X18X50 and not sure what size (low, Med, High) rings I should get. Any suggestiions would be great
Once you get both the rifle and scope take both to a gunstore and try the different heights of quality rings.

Get the scope as low as possible.

Just attach the lower 1/2 ring on the Waypoint rail & set the scope in, w/o the upper 1/2 rings, to see how the scope sits in relation to the barrel.

Start with low rings since the Waypoint rail already adds pretty significant height.

bolt-callouts-alt-1-768x587-1.png

If the low rings don't allow the scope objective to clear the barrel then mediums are the way to go.

Last edited:
Probably medium. With that rail you don't want high. Medium should clear the 50mm objective and you can adjust the comb if you need to raise your face. I needed medium on my X-Bolt with a rail.

You may want to find a Torque screwdriver in inch/lbs. Amazon has them. Be aware of the the mfg suggested torque settings that should come with your rail and rings

Last edited:
You may want to find a Torque screwdriver in inch/lbs. Amazon has them. Be aware of the the mfg suggested torque settings that should come with your rail and rings

And be aware of what brand of torque driver you buy. The cheap Chinese ones are, well cheap and Chinese.

And for god sakes don't put friggin' Loc-Tite all over the screws.

Does anyone know of any 20 MOA rings that will mount on the Waypoint without the rail installed? I know Talley makes some regular rings and that’s what I have on mine now but I only get 16 MOA elevation and I want to go higher.

Back