testtest

The Right to Remain Silent Includes Digital Media, Too

I recall many instances where cellphones are routinely confiscated and telecommunications records requested (warrants) well before arrest. The entrapment occurs when one answers one way and electronic data says another. Never recall anything from the past without legal representation.

You know, with CGI+AI these days, they probably wouldn't need your data anymore, they'll fabricate as they go. Since a trial is essentially a theatrical battle between two highly paid actors to convince a handful of people who are being forced to pass judgement on something they have no opinion or knowledge of, truth and justice don't really matter anymore, if they ever did in court... It's all about story-telling or as the cool kids like to say nowadays "narrative" because it doesn't sound as fabricated :)

ATF.jpg

And this is how we eliminate our first amendment.
No, this really isn't a First Amendment issue. You're free to say (post) anything you want just remember that anything that you say (post) can will be used against you.

The best example that I can come up with is in discussion about home invasions or burglaries (which are not the same thing) a given poster states that if he finds an intruder in his home he's going to kill them. He's going to go out of his way to make certain that they're dead or the people that post that you're always better off if there's only one story being told, IOW the bad guy is dead he can't tell his side of things.

God help you if you post things like that online and somebody ever breaks into your house and ends up dead. Because those posts will be read to the jury.

Massad Ayoob has written articles on this previously. One of the things that he said is one of the first things they'll do is subpoena all your Internet passwords and if you lie they will charge you with perjury.

They will find everything you've ever posted online and if they can use it against you they will

No, this really isn't a First Amendment issue. You're free to say (post) anything you want just remember that anything that you say (post) can will be used against you.

The best example that I can come up with is in discussion about home invasions or burglaries (which are not the same thing) a given poster states that if he finds an intruder in his home he's going to kill them. He's going to go out of his way to make certain that they're dead or the people that post that you're always better off if there's only one story being told, IOW the bad guy is dead he can't tell his side of things.

God help you if you post things like that online and somebody ever breaks into your house and ends up dead. Because those posts will be read to the jury.

Massad Ayoob has written articles on this previously. One of the things that he said is one of the first things they'll do is subpoena all your Internet passwords and if you lie they will charge you with perjury.

They will find everything you've ever posted online and if they can use it against you they will
Facts!

You are factually correct today. I was thinking/projecting that this concept, when combined with our soon-to-be red flag laws, will mean people will go to jail for things said or "typed", without any actions having been taken. We are sliding down that slope right now....just a matter of time.

You are factually correct today. I was thinking/projecting that this concept, when combined with our soon-to-be red flag laws, will mean people will go to jail for things said or "typed", without any actions having been taken. We are sliding down that slope right now....just a matter of time.
At this rate it won't be long...

behind the wire.jpg

Like a Captian use to say. The E in E mail (aka any Electronic correspondence/post) stands for Evidence!

In fact many departments are staring to issue Agency Cell phones. There has been more than a few LEOs get hemmed up because while a convenient thing they took pictures for a report and then during the trial got their personal phone seized and not so nice things they found not even related to that accident pic became public or court scrutiny!

Be carful my friends!

In fact many departments are staring to issue Agency Cell phones. There has been more than a few LEOs get hemmed up because while a convenient thing they took pictures for a report and then during the trial got their personal phone seized and not so nice things they found not even related to that accident pic became public or court scrutiny!
I'm not a cop but this is a lesson I learned early on as a security guard.

Around 2010 it became standard that each site was issued a site phone. All your reports were to be done on it.

Any photographs you had to take at work were to be taken with the site phone so they could be attached to your reports.

And we were explicitly told again and again and again never to put anything work related on your personal phone or anything personal on the work phone.

It never happened to me but I know a couple of guys that had their company phone seized because they just happen to be at the right place at the wrong time and got pictures.

I'm not a cop but this is a lesson I learned early on as a security guard.

Around 2010 it became standard that each site was issued a site phone. All your reports were to be done on it.

Any photographs you had to take at work were to be taken with the site phone so they could be attached to your reports.

And we were explicitly told again and again and again never to put anything work related on your personal phone or anything personal on the work phone.

It never happened to me but I know a couple of guys that had their company phone seized because they just happen to be at the right place at the wrong time and got pictures.

It doesn’t even have to involve criminal but when not so nice pics of that Dispatchers naught buts is on the Married shift SGT phone IA has questions!!!!! Then someone that’s made about the SGT bumping him out of that new year patrol car 2 years ago randomly sends an OIA copy of the report to the spouse when he wasn’t even involved.

Seen it all

Back