testtest

The Savage 1911: U.S. Military 1911 With a Savage Treatment

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
Savage’s 1911 is a full length, and weight, Government Model. This means a steel frame and five-inch barrel. The pistol is offered in stainless steel or with a dark Melonite finish. There is also a two-tone version.

1708807376162.png

Specifications​

• Type: Recoil operated, single-action, semi-automatic
  • Cartridge: .45 ACP
  • Capacity: 8+1 rounds
  • Barrel: 5 in. 1:16-inch. twist
  • Overall length: 8.45 inches
  • Weight: 38.5 ounces
  • Materials: Forged slide and frame
  • Finish: Melonite
  • Grips: G10 by VZ grips
  • Sights: Novak Lo-Mount self-luminous iron sights/Bar Dot
  • Trigger: 5.5 pounds
  • MSRP: $1,300 to $1,500, depending on options

Same general MSRP price range as the SA Operator series & cheaper than the TRP, but the Savage has a SS frame & slide with either natural or nitrided finishes which have greater wear resistance than the SA Operator carbon-steel with Cerakote.

Last edited:
I just checked & we better ad the SA Emissary to the comparison list since it's also in the same MSRP price category.

I'll still vote for the Savage based on looks and features.

According to Guns.com the....

1) SA Operator is $62 cheaper, but less features,

2) SA Emissary is $7 more expensive, with less features & not as good looking as the Savage black non-railed 1911.

BUT, if you want a rail (not a must have feature in my book) then the Savage black railed version is...

3) $190 more than the railed Operator, but still with more desirable features in my book, and...

4) $120 more than the Emissary, but still with more desirable features and much better looking in my book.

My .02

Last edited:
BTW - To add a price comparison to the SA TRP model, three TRP models were $320/$551/$597 more for a non-railed TRP than the Savage non-railed.

Guns.com did not list a Railed TRP.

Back