testtest

The Secret to Concealing Any Gun…

This is the problem with church "security teams". If your church is that big, it is too big. Not only that, the church can be sued should one of the team members manage to hit someone in the congregation in a firefight. My church doesn't have a security team and they don't know I'm carrying.

Church Security has become an industry.

There are quite a few consulting firms that will walk your church through the process of setting up a church security team.

The church I attend has a very specific procedures and policy manual that details very specifically the mission of the security team and just as importantly what the mission of the security team is not.

It also details what security team members can and can not carry.

Nice article but I have no interest in wearing an article of clothing including a hat that says anything about guns. Years ago I went shooting with a friend from high school who at the time worked for the sheriffs department. He laughed at my black gym bag I was using to carry my guns. Interesting look on his face when I explained that I didnt want to draw any attention to the fact I was carrying guns whether it be from the house to the car or any place else.
me to
i have used 2 dollar stanley air tool bags i got at goodwill. nobody ever expects pistols to be in them
plus they are pretty tough and have divided compartments

for me, conceal carry is just that
even though we can open carry in our state..concealed is the preferred way to go for me
my attire has remained same. only way to know is if you hug me :love:

Last edited:
main-qimg-f636b8fa0bebe154991317cb0dab4071.webp

Church Security has become an industry.

There are quite a few consulting firms that will walk your church through the process of setting up a church security team.

The church I attend has a very specific procedures and policy manual that details very specifically the mission of the security team and just as importantly what the mission of the security team is not.

It also details what security team members can and can not carry.

We asked our local PD if they would be willing to look over our church building and grounds to help us harden our facility. They were glad to oblige. I guess they would prefer not to have a mass church shooting in their jurisdiction. :). We also went over our security plan with them and solicited comments. We incorporated all their recommendations and really appreciate their help!

We have a small congregation. It is sometimes (most of the time!) difficult to stay on high alert every time we meet since we have been doing this several years now with nothing happening. When I am tempted to get complacent I remind myself how I would feel if some deranged person got by us and killed some of our defenseless members.

We asked our local PD if they would be willing to look over our church building and grounds to help us harden our facility. They were glad to oblige. I guess they would prefer not to have a mass church shooting in their jurisdiction. :). We also went over our security plan with them and solicited comments. We incorporated all their recommendations and really appreciate their help!

We have a small congregation. It is sometimes (most of the time!) difficult to stay on high alert every time we meet since we have been doing this several years now with nothing happening. When I am tempted to get complacent I remind myself how I would feel if some deranged person got by us and killed some of our defenseless members.
Our church does 4 services a week. We have enough people on the security team to rotate. People who are on security detail are there to do security for that service. They don't attend the service, they're walking the halls and driving around the parking lot. They're not splitting their attention between the sermon and security.

Ouch! That hurts…my wife is very much pro-gun as longs as someone else is carrying. She has absolutely zero interest in firearms, but likes the idea that I do and accompany her on her wanders the majority of the time.
your fortunate. In my case. As time goes on it only gets worse. Never was an issue until the past 2020 election.

Mrs Greener of 44 years thinks it unusual to see me dressed without a gun strapped on. There were formal occasions when I wore a tux that she carried my pistol in her purse. I have had to go unarmed on a couple cruises and felt unbalanced.
I feel your pain man…naked without one as it were. I went to work out this morning and as I strapped on my PX4 COMPACT CARRY in a modifies Philster Enigma, my wife says, “I can’t believe you were gun to the gym. Isn’t that awfully uncomfortable?” My response, “I’m only uncomfortable if I’m not wearing it.”

This is the problem with church "security teams". If your church is that big, it is too big. Not only that, the church can be sued should one of the team members manage to hit someone in the congregation in a firefight. My church doesn't have a security team and they don't know I'm carrying.
I think every church should have some kind of safety plan in place no matter the size. Bad guys are just as likely to pick a big or small church. Could be mad at a spouse or pastoral staff or something. I don't know, it's a crazy world.

How can a church be too big? Are you praying for your church to grow? How big does God have to grow it before you get mad and quit?

There really isn't anyone outside of my family (and not even all of them) who needs to know that I'm usually armed.
I always carry AIWB with a tee shirt under and an overshirt over my weapon. My sister was visiting and I came out of the bathroom without my overshirt, without thinking, and my 9mm clearly visible sticking out of my waistband She is neutral neither for or against but was surprised. She asked me how long I had been carrying and when I told her over 25 years she gave a surprised look and said "ever around me?" When I told her pretty much everytime I have seen her in the last 25 years I was carrying, she was completely astonished and said "I never notice" and I told her that was the whole point of concealed carry.

Back