testtest

The Springfield SAINT Review (Ongoing)

The process to chrome the interior of the bolt carrier if and gas key, if nitrided, requires the surface that is to be chrome plated to be copper plated first, then nitrided, then said copper plating removed, and then chrome plated. Another method would be mechanical which would work for the bolt carrier itself, but not the gas key at all. Simply put, it makes no sense as said BCG would cost more to produce with no improved results.

May not make sense, bu then again, a lot of things don't, yet are done just to make an extra buck. ;)

If the cost could be amortized over many, many units and the end-result give nothing but perceived-value that helps attract customers in an area of the field that is just getting more competitive by the day, I can see a bigger player doing some math, and going "huh...."

That said, I have no idea how much that much work would cost.

I found this post from another thread to possibly hold pertinence here.

Update: They are no longer putting the match grade trigger in the Edge. I'm highly disappointed in their representation of specs especially for a $1500.00 weapon. I guess the lesson learned here is to call SA and confirm the features listed for the firearm you want are actually still being installed on it . I will never order another SA firearm . Sad . SO , I guess I'll start with a JP spring kit and some stone work.

On the upside , the CS rep . was very upfront and candid. I was told they are putting whatever parts they have in the weapons to fill orders. I walked away from the conversation disappointed , but appreciative of their honesty .

That really comes as a shock to me.....wow.......

On the upside , the CS rep . was very upfront and candid. I was told they are putting whatever parts they have in the weapons to fill orders. I walked away from the conversation disappointed , but appreciative of their honesty .

+1. There are other manufacturers out there that don't do that.

Not a shock at all.

This is commonplace in the industry with almost all companies. SIG Sauer is by far the WORST company for the change-of-spec-as-we-like approach. I have been selling guns for over 13 years and have many stories of someone not getting exactly what they expected. Back in 2013, after Sandy Hook during the panic, SIG got so bad we had to picture every new shipment of 516s as SIG would change sights, grips, stocks, and the like as they pleased - it got way too crazy dealing with the 'I didn't get what was pictured' phone call. We even had a guy special order a SIG556 SBR, when it arrived it did not have the collapsible & folding stock as advertised, it only folded to the side and did not collapse - the box label for the rifle even spec'd a collapsible/folding stock. When we called SIG for clarification we were told they no longer made the folding & collapsing stock and the label printer boilerplate hadn't been updated......nor the website. Customer cancelled the order as that is what he wanted. Thanks SIG. Anyway, that is just SIG and I expect it from them at this point still some 8 years later.

Other companies that hold their reputation in high regard will go months or years (years is rare) without shipping a product due to whatever constraint they may be facing. Sometimes it results in a re-engineering with an announcement.

Anyway, the bolt issue is nothing that surprises me. Hell, it could even be an overlooked spec that was changed early on and the published spec was never updated. The trigger on the Edge is a bit bigger deal - it is a direct selling point of the rifle.

Back