testtest

The Tomahawk – The Origin and Future

Talyn

Emissary
Founding Member
Few weapons carry historical significance, symbolic power, and modern tactical relevance like the tomahawk. It originated as a practical tool and weapon for Native American tribes.

The word “tomahawk” comes from the Algonquian word tamahaac, used to describe a light axe. Over time, the tomahawk has evolved into a staple of both military gear and civilian survival kits. Its history is rich with cultural meaning, its form adaptable across centuries, and its utility proven on battlefields and in backwoods alike.

Now, it has a modern role in tactical environments and recreational sports. Thus, the tomahawk continues to prove its worth today.


1790651160844.png
 
I knew of men who used them in the Vietnam Conflict. There were custom versions make strictly for killing. Properly used, they scared the hell out of the Vietcong and the NVA soldiers alike.

With good training and proper tactics, the Army Rangers and Sat Cong could, and did, routinely frighten the bejesus out of the enemy.
 
Last edited:
Thanks for posting. I met S.F. guys who carried hawks on them in combat in Southeast Asia. I don't know if any of them ever used them against an enemy but they looked bad*** and you definitely would not want to get into a bar fight with any of them. It completed the savage persona. In retrospect I would carry one in case my primary and secondary were out of ammo and we had to get "personal". I keep thinking of Mel Gibson in The Patriot and how shocked his sons looked that he knew how to use one
 
Back
Top